- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
We are looking for an experienced EU Public Policy Lead who will help drive our mission of keeping Discord users safe by leading our EU public policy efforts and building relations with EU policymakers, civil society, and residents.
Potential exposure to sensitive or graphic content, including but not limited to vulgar language, violent threats, pornography and other graphic images.
What you’ll be doing
- Represent Discord with key EU partners in government, civil society, industry coalitions, and media
- Lead the evaluation of complex in-region policy issues and develop strategies to address those issues keeping in mind the impact to Discord and our users
- Build and maintain relationships with EU stakeholders in government, civil society, and industry around specific issue areas, such as hate speech
- Develop and communicate content, such as training, guides, talking points, strategies, and presentations, for engagement with external EU partners
- Partner with platform policy specialists to develop content policies addressing safety issues, with a particular focus on our EU users
- Write user-facing communications to explain our policies and enforcement decisions through blog posts, Help Center Articles, and other resources
What you should have
- 5+ years experience working in government, civil society, politics, or industry with a focus on EU digital policies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Know the EU policy landscape including laws and regulations, important partners, and in-region user needs
- Impressive communicator and writer
- Attitude of open-mindedness, collaboration, flexibility, and always questioning your assumptions
- Familiarity with Discord
- Experience representing a U.S. company across the EU
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It’s been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what’s next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.