- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 21, 2021
We are looking for a Facilities Coordinator to help us maintain a secure and well-functioning work environment.
Facilities Coordinators oversee all activities inside a building, making sure that health and safety standards are met, arranging for repairs when needed, and train to run facilities software systems. They report to the facilities supervisor.
You’ll help our employees, customers and guests get the most out of our facilities.
What you’ll be doing
- Promptly respond to verbal requests and Zendesk tickets for maintenance and repair for all assigned facilities to maintain their appearance, function, and reliability. Responses must incorporate positive customer service.
- Conduct regular furniture maintenance and resets to maintain the appearance, function, and reliability of indoor and outdoor working and lounging spaces. This will include coordinating the storage and replacement of seasonal furniture.
- Check rooms and common areas to identify needs for repairs or renovations.
- Maintain cumulative records of all work completed.
- Coordinate and follow-up on janitorial, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, lighting, flooring, signs, pest control, landscaping, and painting work to ensure vendors are achieving our standards and expectations.
- Coordinate work with Real Estate Property Management when the landlord is responsible for maintenance.
- Train on running and maintaining software systems for lighting, HVAC, smart blinds, and security across several suites within a building.
- Cross train on workplace software systems for access cards and other systems when necessary.
- Work with Discord Security through an active role in Discord’s Safety Squad.
- Follow CDC guidelines to ensure compliance with current health and safety regulations.
What you should have
- 1+ years of work experience as a Facilities Coordinator or similar role
- Sound judgement and the ability to think quickly
- Excellent customer service
- The ability to occasionally lift 50 lbs or less
- Knowledge of facilities management
- Familiarity with office equipment and security systems
- Understanding of safety regulations in offices
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays + 4 weeks of PTO
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. We created Discord to help people come together around games. It’s been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what’s next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.