- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
What would an amazing office be without an equally amazing support team? Discord’s Workplace team is searching for a Workplace Coordinator I to join us in our mission to provide a delightful, safe, comfortable, and inclusive office environment and experience for Discord employees and visitors! This role will report to our Workplace Operations Manager.
What you’ll be doing
- Help prepare the Discord office for reopening.
- Support and implement Discord’s Covid-19 Safety Protocols.
- Keep the Discord office (office, common areas, meeting rooms, kitchens, outdoor areas, storage rooms, etc) tidy and organized throughout the day.
- Organize mail and packages in the mail room as they arrive. Notifying recipients of their delivery and coordinating the pickup.
- Coordinate with office service vendors (snacks and refreshments, catering, plants, first aid, office supplies, etc).
- Set up and reorganize furniture in all hands, common area, and flex spaces for presentations, meetings, classes, and other events.
- Respond to workplace support tickets and provide workplace support throughout the office.
- Provide a safe, secure, comfortable, and inclusive office environment.
- Present a professional customer service experience to all Discord employees and visitors.
What you should have
- 1+ year’s experience working in an office, retail, hotel, or similar customer service focused environment.
- Proficient in Google suite.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- You are detail oriented, results driven and approach opportunities with a “people first” mindset.
- Belief that customer service is a noble calling.
- Great listening skills. You will need to practice active listening for both visitors and Discord employees.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Prior experience working in an office support role in a hyper growth environment.
- Prior experience utilizing current office technologies.
- You’re a Discord user.
- You’re renowned across the land for over tipping your barista.
- You’re up for joining us on our quest to satisfy our daily cravings for sweet treats.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16 paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO, use-what-you-need sick days and volunteer time off
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
In a world of polarization, social curation, and loneliness, Discord is working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider. We believe in the value of genuine human connection, which can so easily be lost online. So we’re building a space where everyone can find belonging from the inside out. If this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!