- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 29, 2021
- Product Engineering
Discord is your place to talk. Whether you’re part of a school club, gaming group, worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time together, millions of people use Discord every day to create connections, hang out, and talk.
At the heart of Discord’s communities are our users who talk and hang out in them every day (and night!). The Communication group at Discord is responsible for making sure that users have the best text, voice and video chat experience.
We’re looking for a Group Product Manager reporting to our VP of Product to join us and lead our Communication team. You will responsible for creating a vision, building systems and features, ideating creative solutions, and building a product group to help our users communicate with each other.
What you’ll be doing
- Guide the product philosophy, vision, and roadmap for features and tools that allow users to use text, voice and video chat.
- Grow and lead a team of talented product managers to help our users to talk to each other in their favorite places.
- Work with teams of engineers, designers, and data scientists to build delightful outstanding products.
- Work with our other product and engineering groups to create a connected vision for building a 10x communication platform of the future.
- Partner with other product teams across Discord, such as Communities, Growth, Apps, and more.
- Empathize with dozens of personas and use-cases, and think user-first.
What you should have
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments, excited about finding solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them.
- 6+ years of experience building and shipping great consumer software, including responsibilities driving prioritization, trade-offs, and timelines.
- 3+ years of experience managing product managers.
- Proven track record of achieving impact through solving challenging consumer problems with innovative solutions.
- Proven ability to analyze and synthesize data, including writing SQL.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working closely with engineers.
- Strong product sense and pride in understanding your customers.
- A love for helping & empowering others.
- Experience building and growing social and/or online communication products.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant technical experience.
- Entrepreneurial experience building consumer applications.
- Experience building & managing x-functional teams.