- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 29, 2021
- Product Engineering
Discord is your place to talk. Whether you’re part of a school club, gaming group, worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time together, millions of people use Discord every day to create connections, hang out, and talk.
In order to make this dream reality for everyone in the world we are building a scaled business that aligns our incentives with those of our users. The Revenue organization at Discord is responsible for building and operating our paid subscription products and is responsible for driving revenue growth at the company. Our mission is to create a premium offering that every Discord user will want to subscribe to and build a multi-billion-dollar business.
We’re looking for a Senior Director of Product reporting to our Head of Product to join us and lead our Revenue product organization. You will be responsible for creating a vision, crafting a strategy, building a high impact organization, and growing Discord’s revenue to help fund our mission for decades to come.
What you’ll be doing
- Guide the product philosophy, vision, and strategy for innovative products that drive revenue growth for Discord.
- Attract, build, manage, and develop a team of experienced product managers to help us build a scalable business.
- Lead a cross-functional organization to grow revenue across both product and operational groups.
- Manage multiple product areas, scale teams, and ensure your org is effective, healthy and set up for success by establishing clear and measurable goals.
- Communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels.
- Lead a cross-functional organization of engineers, designers, and data scientists to build delightful outstanding products.
- Work across all Revenue groups to create a connected vision for building a scalable business that aligns with our users interests.
- Partner with other product teams across Discord, such as Growth, Communities, Trust & Safety, and more.
- Empathize, engage and cultivate relationships with our users to deeply understand their needs.
What you should have
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments, excited about finding solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them.
- 10+ years of experience building and shipping great software, including responsibilities driving prioritization, trade-offs, and timelines.
- 6+ years of experience hiring, managing, and developing both individual contributors and senior product leaders.
- 6+ years of experience focused on monetizing or growing consumer products.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue impact by empowering customers.
- Proven ability to analyze and synthesize data in order to set strategic goals.
- Experience presenting to senior executive audiences.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working closely with engineers and managers.
- Strong product sense and pride in understanding your customers.
- A love for helping & empowering others.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant technical experience.
- Entrepreneurial experience building and leading businesses.
- Prior experience working in a Monetization / Revenue executive or leadership role.