- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 15, 2021
- Product Engineering
Discord is your place to talk. Whether you’re part of a school club, gaming group, worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time together, millions of people use Discord every day to create connections, hang out, and talk.
In order to make this dream reality for everyone in the world we are building a scaled business that aligns our incentives with those of our users. The Revenue team at Discord is responsible for building and operating our paid subscription products and is responsible for driving revenue growth at the company. Our mission is to create a premium offering that every Discord user will want to subscribe to and build a multi-billion-dollar business.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager reporting to the Head of Product to join our Revenue Product team. You will responsible for creating a vision, building systems and features, and ideating creative solutions to help us build a scalable subscription business.
What you’ll be doing
- Guide the product philosophy, vision, and roadmap for features and tools in order to grow our revenue products at Discord.
- Work with a team of engineers, designers, and data scientists to build delightful outstanding products.
- Work with our other Revenue squads to create a connected vision for building a scalable business on top of Discord.
- Partner with other product teams across Discord, such as Growth, Creator Ecosystems, Apps, and more.
- Empathize with dozens of personas and use-cases, and think user-first.
What you should have
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments, excited about finding solutions to complex problems, and then building them.
- 5+ years of experience building and shipping great software, including responsibilities driving prioritization, trade-offs, and timelines.
- 2+ years of experience focused on building monetization products.
- Experience delivering impactful revenue or user growth products.
- Proven ability to analyze and synthesize data, including writing SQL.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working with engineers.
- Strong product sense and pride in understanding your customers.
- A love for helping & empowering others.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant technical experience.
- Proven track record of impact through solving growth problems.
- Experience building x-functional / operational teams to drive revenue.
- Experience working on international growth or monetization problems.