- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Product Management
With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. We’re building an outstanding product marketing organization to help shape and scale Discord to diverse communities around the world.
Discord was built without selling ads and instead offers premium subscriptions directly to users. Our primary revenue driver today is Nitro, which gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations. Our goal is to create a premium offering that every Discord user will want and build a robust multi billion dollar business.
We’re looking for a Group Product Marketing Manager to join and lead our Nitro product marketing strategy during one of the most exciting times in our business. You will create a compelling vision to our users, and will partner closely with Product, Engineering, and Marketing leads to grow Discord’s revenue to new heights. You will report to the Senior Director of Product Marketing, Premium Products.
What you’ll be doing
- Partner with the Nitro product team to influence product and business strategy with a view of customer needs and market opportunities
- Develop unified narratives for Nitro in market, including ownership over positioning and packaging
- Align strategy and operationalize process to drive integrated go-to-market across product, brand, and partnership teams
- Attract, manage and develop a team of experienced product marketers to scale Nitro
- Drive ongoing measurement and analysis of awareness, adoption, and sentiment for Nitro in partnership with Data Science; drive experiments to grow core metrics
- Engage and cultivate relationships with Nitro users to deeply understand their needs
What you should have
- Excel in ambiguous environments - excited about finding solutions to complex problems
- 9+ years of experience launching and scaling consumer tech products globally
- 4+ years of experience hiring and managing product marketers
- 4+ years of experience focused on monetizing consumer or tech products
- Expertise in using qualitative and quantitative data to build products and user stories
- Guide cross-functional teams towards decisions and execution
- Product development/management or product design experience
- Additional marketing experience in branding, media, partnerships, or communications
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16 paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO, use-what-you-need sick days and volunteer time off
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
In a world of polarization, social curation, and loneliness, Discord is working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider. We believe in the value of genuine human connection, which can so easily be lost online. So we’re building a space where everyone can find belonging from the inside out. If this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!