- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
- Product Management
With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. We’re building an outstanding product marketing organization to help shape and scale Discord to diverse communities around the world.
Discord was built without selling ads and instead offers premium subscriptions directly to users. Our primary revenue driver today is Nitro, which gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations. Our goal is to create a premium offering that every Discord user will want and build a multi billion dollar business.
We’re looking for a Partner Marketing Manager to join and support our Revenue Product Marketing team during one of the most exciting times in our business. You will partner closely with marketing, business development, and product to scope and execute GTM launches, oftentimes involving external partnerships. You will report to the Senior Product Marketing Lead for Acquisition, Premium Products.
What you’ll be doing
- Set and build agreement for GTM launch strategy in close partnership with marketing, business development, data science and product
- This includes overarching messaging strategy, goal setting and success metrics, and technical end-to-end management of launch
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to ensure launches have supporting plans, creative assets, technical & CX support, and measurement to hit launch goals
- Turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans with clearly defined deliverables and trackable progress
- Support mid-flight and post launch analysis. This includes instrumentation of dashboards, and actionable recommendations based on early data signals
What you should have
- 3+ years in partner marketing or product marketing operations working closely with marketing, partnerships, or product
- Works effectively in unstructured environments requiring scrappy or creative approaches. Able to reconcile multiple competing projects and evolving roadmaps
- Highly analytical with ability to tease insights from data
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to work effectively across multiple cross-functional teams, including stakeholders across marketing and partnerships
- Organized and detail oriented with focus on operational excellence
Experience in SQL and Excel
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16 paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO, use-what-you-need sick days and volunteer time off
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
In a world of polarization, social curation, and loneliness, Discord is working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider. We believe in the value of genuine human connection, which can so easily be lost online. So we’re building a space where everyone can find belonging from the inside out. If this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!