- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
- Product Management
With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. We’re building an outstanding product marketing organization to help shape and scale Discord to diverse communities around the world.
Discord was built without selling ads and instead offers premium subscriptions directly to users. Our primary revenue driver today is Nitro, which gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations. Our goal is to create a premium offering that every Discord user will want and build a robust multi billion dollar business.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to join and look after acquisition efforts for Premium Products during one of the most exciting times in our business. You will partner closely with Product, Partnerships and Marketing leads to design acquisition programs (on & off platform) to activate new subscribers. You will report to the Senior Director of Product Marketing, Premium Products.
What you’ll be doing
- Partner with product, partnerships, and marketing teams to drive awareness and adoption of Discord’s Premium Subscription Products
- Build and optimize acquisition programs based on user insights with a focus on experimentation and continuous improvement. Comfortable synthesizing qualitative and quantitative insights to inform program design and optimization
- Lead and inform both on-platform and partnership programs in close collaboration with product, partnerships, brand marketing, and CX
- Manage key KPIs including incremental adoption and revenue from acquisition programs. Work closely with data science to develop tracking and experimentation
- Manage and develop a team of partner operations managers
What you should have
- Excel in ambiguous environments - excited about finding solutions to complex problems
- 6+ years of experience building out acquisition strategies that drive incremental conversion, subscription and revenue, both on and off-platform
- 3+ years experience managing and supporting individual contributors
- Expertise in using qualitative and quantitative data to build products and user stories
- Expertly guide cross-functional teams towards decision and execution
- Product development/management or product design experience
- Additional marketing experience in brand marketing or revenue partnerships
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16 paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO, use-what-you-need sick days and volunteer time off
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
In a world of polarization, social curation, and loneliness, Discord is working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider. We believe in the value of genuine human connection, which can so easily be lost online. So we’re building a space where everyone can find belonging from the inside out. If this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!