- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 10, 2021
- Product Management
Discord is growing fast and we’re building an outstanding product marketing organization to help shape and scale our product. The product marketing team exists at the center of our users and our product and plays an important part in how our company grows and evolves. We’re a passionate and kind group of people who are looking to add others who share our vision to continue making Discord the best place to talk.
Discord is the platform for building digital communities. We are seeing communities built that are both large and diverse spanning across gaming, music, cooking, and more. The creators, admins, and moderators who help build and run these communities are the heart and soul of these communities and you will help guide and shape the product narrative for them.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager reporting to our Head of Creator Ecosystems Product Marketing, who will help educate and shape the product for how these admins can grow and manage their communities on Discord.
What you’ll be doing
- Advise and support ongoing product roadmap planning with user insights, competitive landscape, and risk assessment
- Work with our creative, community, and brand marketing teams to build the product narrative for some of our largest communities
- Create product and feature positioning and communication plans for new features geared at community admins and creators
- Partner with our internal community team to help shape and build programs like the Partner Program
- Help inspire and grow different categories of large communities such as content creators and brands
What you should have
- 5+ years of product marketing experience in tech with social products and platforms
- A passion for online communities and what makes them work
- Experience with building new marketing and product plans from the ground up
- Experience with marketing execution and consistency, including managing and scaling products globally
- Incredible resourcefulness to drive teams toward agreement and decisions
- Passion for Discord and belief in our mission
- Product development/management or product design experience
- Experience with two-sided content marketplace products
- Direct experience managing or running an online community
- Experience in moderation or trust and safety policies for online communities
- Additional marketing experience in branding, media, partnerships, or communications
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. We created Discord to help people come together around games. It’s been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what’s next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.