- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 10, 2021
- Product Management
Discord is growing fast and we’re building an outstanding product marketing organization to help fuel an amazing platform used by millions around the world. The product marketing team plays a central role in not only how we talk about our products, but how we build and shape the product.
As a member of the Creator Product Marketing team, your mission is to help creators, admins, and moderators build successful communities where people meaningfully connect from Harry Potter fandoms, to high profile music artists, and even bread servers that host weekly talks about the history of bread! These creators help fuel our platform and we’re looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to come in and help shape the tools, resources, and team vision to make them successful.
You will report to our Head of Creator Product Marketing.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with product management, engineering, design, and data analytics to advise and support ongoing product roadmap planning with user insights, competitive landscape, and risk assessment
- Work with our creative, community, and brand marketing teams to build the product narrative for creators on Discord
- Create product and feature positioning and communication plans for new features and tools for creators
- Partner with our business development team to identify new partnerships that further creator success
- Be a champion for Creators while partnering with other product teams like Consumer Revenue, Apps, Growth and more
What you should have:
- 5+ years of product marketing experience in tech with social products and platforms
- A passion for the creator economy and experience working directly with creators and creator monetization tools
- Experience creating definition and clarity in areas that aren’t well-defined
- Experience with marketing execution and consistency, including managing and scaling products globally
- Incredible resourcefulness to guide teams toward agreement and decisions
- Passion for Discord and belief in our mission
- Experience working with creator monetization tools and features
- Product development/management or product design experience
- Experience building an online business and the challenges that come with it
- Additional marketing experience in branding, media, partnerships, or communications