- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Product Management
With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. We’re building an outstanding product marketing organization to help shape and scale Discord to diverse communities around the world.
Discord was built without selling ads and instead offers premium subscriptions directly to users. Our primary revenue driver today is Nitro, which gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations. Our goal is to create a premium offering that every Discord user will want and build a robust multi billion dollar business.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to join and look after International premium subscriptions and pricing during one of the most exciting times in our business. You will partner with Product, Data Science, Research and Marketing leads to design locally-relevant pricing, positioning, and packaging in our essential international markets. You will report to the Senior Director of Product Marketing, Premium Products.
What you’ll be doing
- Use customer and market insights, product strategy, and quantitative analysis to design locally-relevant pricing, positioning, and packaging in our international markets
- Bring together our International revenue product, data science, and research teams to design and iterate localized pricing and positioning experiments
- Promote ongoing awareness, adoption, and sentiment of revenue products in essential international markets in partnership with product and marketing
- Build and operationalize playbooks to support international rollouts at scale, working in close collaboration with leads from product, marketing, and finance
What you should have
- Excel in ambiguous environments - excited about finding solutions to complex problems
- 6+ years of experience launching and scaling consumer tech products globally
- Highly analytical / quantitative, with experience performing customer segmentation, price elasticity analysis, competitive intelligence, and margin analysis
- Expertise in using qualitative and quantitative data to build products and user stories
- Guide teams towards decision and execution
Product development/management or product design experience
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16 paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO, use-what-you-need sick days and volunteer time off
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
In a world of polarization, social curation, and loneliness, Discord is working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider. We believe in the value of genuine human connection, which can so easily be lost online. So we’re building a space where everyone can find belonging from the inside out. If this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!