- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 29, 2021
- Software Engineering
The Bots & API team empowers external developers to build creative and diverse experiences for our users. Millions of people use bots on Discord every day to manage communities, play games with friends, listen to music, and so much more. We are a small but mighty team that supports everything from the most popular bots to developers building their first applications.
Bots play a huge part in Discord’s mission of creating a new kind of place where it’s easy to genuinely communicate, have fun hanging out, and build relationships. We believe developers are the future of Discord and have exciting plans for the next year. Come join us and help build the future of our platform!
What you’ll do
- Build SDKs, tools, and a new portal to empower developers to use our latest bot features (such as slash commands, buttons, and more)!
- Collaborate with engineers, product, design, and other team members on what the future looks like for bots and developers on Discord
- Iterate with your peers and learn the best ways to support a vibrant and productive developer community
What you should have
- Full stack experience. Familiarity with web and application (e.g. React, TypeScript, Python), API
- You care a LOT about developers. You have a desire to empower developers with high-quality experiences, and want to give our dev community more ways to express their creativity and build exciting apps.
- A holistic approach to problem solving. You believe in solving a problem from first principles rather than simply shipping a solution. You learn from your mistakes and work through obstacles with the rest of the team.
- A focus on impact & growth. The Discord bot ecosystem is in its infancy, and we have a long way to go! You have an eye for what can bring the developer experience from good to great. You want to work with engineers, product managers, designers, and the external dev community to define great solutions to ambiguous problems.
- You’ve shipped applications built on top of developer APIs
- You have knowledge of the Discord developer experience
- You can provide examples of open-source contributions to community libraries and tools
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It’s been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what’s next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.