- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Software Engineering
The Data Infrastructure team builds data pipelines to reliably collect and process billions of product activity events every day. We operate a petabyte-scale data warehouse and provide tools that empower the machine learning, data science, and business analysis teams at Discord. Our work enables user privacy and product features; and is foundational to making Discord a safer place for you to talk and hang out with your friends. If that sounds exciting to you, read on!
What you’ll be doing
- Build the platform that empowers our Data Science, Machine Learning & Analytics teams; and powers product features used by millions of users every day.
- Manage and operate our entire data stack using modern technologies such as BigQuery, Cassandra, Apache Beam, Pub/Sub, and Airflow.
- Build applications with a service-oriented mindset
- Take part in shaping the vision and mission for the team
- Build efficient solutions on top of Google Cloud Platform using Python and Scala.
Who you are:
- You have 4+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Experience building and deploying large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience with open source and managed big data services like Kafka, Spark, Flink, Cassandra, or Hadoop.
- You excel in uncharted environments and are find excitement solving complex problems, and then building on them.
- You are a first principles thinker that can work with others to create practical solutions then evolve and generalize them.
- Experienced in building and operating petabyte-scale data infrastructure
- Experience with data products on Google Cloud Platform
Discord is a small group of passionate gamers whose mission is to bring people together around games. Diversity and inclusiveness are an essential part of how we get there. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. Everyone here is committed to making Discord representative of the world we want to live and play in.