- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
- Technical & Customer Support
We’re a group of Customer Experience wizards here at Discord, and we’re looking for someone who is equally passionate about supporting others with that extra bit of care and problem-solving magic! This teammate will need to possess epic levels of empathy and unwavering patience as they offer direct support on our social channels. This includes helping our users with technical issues to improve those one star reviews, responding to DMs and helping restore access to accounts, along with sending users custom memes.
As a member of our team, you’ll be meeting users where they reach out to us first! You’ll be handling responses across our current social media outlets, helping troubleshoot issues for users through app reviews, and making sure that a user’s voice is heard no matter where they happen to ask for help! If you’re looking for a supportive support team, join us!
What you’ll be doing
- Working the AM Shift:
- Tuesday to Saturday 9 AM to 6 PM PT
- Deliver timely, accurate, and thoughtful responses to our users’ questions and requests on social media and through mobile app reviews
- Help educate and provide useful troubleshooting steps for technical issues that our users face on the desktop, browser, iOS, and Android versions of our app
- Identify and escalate issues appropriately to ensure rapid response to emerging trends and opportunities
- Monitor user sentiment and provide actionable feedback to cross-functional partners
- Creating delight through playful interactions with fans on social outlets
What you should have
- A cover letter! This one is important, don’t skip it! We want to hear from you what motivates you, any previous experience you would like to highlight and why would you like to join Discord.
- Technical aptitude with knowledge of Discord features, and desktop and mobile operating systems
- Passion for supporting our communities with unwavering patience and empathy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Extraordinary communication skills - both written and verbal
- High level of confidentiality and discernment
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of current social trends
- Experience with support ticketing applications (e.g. Zendesk)
- Familiarity with social media management tools (e.g. Sparkcentral/Hootsuite)
- Prior social media experience
- Previous exposure in supporting web applications
- Hobbies or passions that bring a unique viewpoint to the table
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16 paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO, use-what-you-need sick days and volunteer time off
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
In a world of polarization, social curation, and loneliness, Discord is working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider. We believe in the value of genuine human connection, which can so easily be lost online. So we’re building a space where everyone can find belonging from the inside out. If this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!