- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
We’re a group of Customer Experience mages here at Discord, and we’re looking for someone who is equally passionate about supporting others with that extra bit of care and problem solving magic! You will need to have angelic levels of empathy and unwavering patience as you troubleshoot diabolical technical issues. This includes helping our developers to integrate our SDK, troubleshoot API issues, debug bot errors, and much more.
As a member of our team, you will directly support our communities and developers, listen to their feedback, and share these insights with other teams to help make the Discord experience the best that it can be. If you’re looking for a supportive support team, join us!
What you’ll be doing
- Identify and provide daily solutions for our developer’s issues with the help of our team
- Can work collaboratively on solutions, communicate and share these experiences within our team
- Translate technical speak and troubleshooting steps in a clear and concise manner that even my grandmother would understand
- Build and maintain effective internal relationships to help identify, report, and resolve issues quickly
- Contribute on technical documentation for internal knowledge base resources
What you should have
- A cover letter (This is mandatory.) Don’t skip this one!
- Passion for supporting our users and developers with unwavering patience and empathy
- Great debugging, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to think outside of the box and find creative ways to solve problems
- Experience with troubleshooting API, SDK, and/or bot issues preferred
- Excellent troubleshooting, documentation and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Weekend availability
- Working experience of Programming, Discord Bots, and/or API
- Familiarity with support ticketing applications (e.g. Zendesk)
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays + 4 weeks of PTO
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. We created Discord to help people come together around games. It’s been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what’s next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.