- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we’ve all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn’t kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.
We were part of Y Combinator S18’s cohort and we are backed by Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world’s largest companies.
Our team in London is growing and we’re looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
- Something to consider when reading this job advert
We know people engage with job adverts differently. Some will view it as a checklist that needs to be at 100% before applying; others will see 60% as good enough. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily meet all the requirements on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat, learn more about you and see if it could be a great fit.
Finance at Duffel
We are currently a Finance team of three looking after all end-to-end financial activities. We now need to expand the team as the Duffel Group (6 reporting entities, across 4 regions) & our responsibilities have grown. This is a great role for anyone looking to accelerate their learning, build new things, collaborate with cross-functional teams & join us on this exciting journey. In this position, you will have the opportunity to deliver on financial operations, drive process improvements, and exercise good business judgment while performing your role.
- What we’re looking for in you
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Accounting or Finance
- A recognised accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or pursuing one
- Experience working within a finance team, getting involved in various tasks at an operational & reporting level
- Strong grasp of accounting (debits/credits), business reporting and financial statements: P&L, BS & Cashflow
- Proven experience in contributing to the monthly close process & supporting the delivery of multi-entity management accounts
- Excellent knowledge and experience of MS Excel/G-Sheets, using advanced formulas to analyse data
- Ability to optimize processes and you are always looking for ways to automate
- Outstanding analytical skills with a high attention to detail
- Comfortable prioritising multiple work streams across daily responsibilities & long-term projects
- Agile and hands-on work ethic, you are committed to making an impact
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written as you will communicate with internal & external stakeholders
- Exposure to accounting systems & other finance tools, experience using NetSuite is an advantage
What you’ll be doing
- Process General Ledger transactions for multiple entities
- Perform Accounts Payable and Receivable processes, including preparing and completing various end-to-end processes such as posting of invoices, communicating with suppliers/customers, performing account reconciliation & managing the respective ledgers
- Conduct bank reconciliation activities, prepare domestic & multi-currency international payments and allocate receipts
- Contribute to the preparation & delivery of monthly & quarterly close activities, including invoice posting, balance sheet reconciliations, posting journal entries (accruals/prepayments/depreciation etc.)
- Maintain key reports (e.g Cash Summary, financial KPI’s etc.) relied upon for period close and reporting
- Ownership of processing Group payroll for review & approval by Group Financial Accountant
- Support the onboarding of new employees to payroll, pension & expense platform
- Manage employee expense processing & payment
- Assist in ensuring appropriate tax compliance and timely tax authority returns across multiple jurisdictions
- Participate in the Statutory Audit process to ensure timely and accurate preparation of audit deliverables
- Support ad-hoc projects & actively participate in team OKR planning & delivery
- What you can expect from us
We’re dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That’s why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that’s why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Note to recruitment agencies
Duffel does not accept speculative CV’s from external parties. Any unsolicited CV’s sent to us will be treated as property of Duffel, and any attached terms and conditions associated with these CV’s will be null and void.