- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we’ve all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn’t kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.
We were part of Y Combinator S18’s cohort and we are backed by Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world’s largest companies.
Our team in London is growing and we’re looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
Finance at Duffel
We are currently a Finance team of two looking after all end-to-end financial activities and are looking to further expand the team as the Duffel Group (6 reporting entities, across 4 regions) & our responsibilities have grown. This a great role for anyone looking to accelerate their learning, build new things, collaborate with cross-functional teams & join us on this exciting journey. In this position, you will have the opportunity to support financial operations, drive process improvements, and exercise good business judgment while performing your role.
- What we’re looking for in you
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Accounting or Finance
- A recognised accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or you are pursuing one
- Experience working within a finance team
- Proven experience in contributing to the monthly close process
- Strong grasp of accounting (debits/credits), business reporting and financial statements: P&L, BS & Cashflow
- Ability to optimize processes and you are always looking for ways to automate
- Excellent knowledge and experience of MS Excel, a plus would be experience in using advanced formulas to analyse data
- Outstanding analytical skills with a high attention to detail
- Agile and hands-on work ethic, you are committed to making an impact
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written as you will communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Exposure to accounting systems, experience using NetSuite is an advantage
What you’ll be doing
- Participate in building scalable finance processes to support future growth
- Post, maintain & review General Ledger transactions for multiple entities
- Ensure Accounts Payable and Receivable processes run smoothly, including reviewing and completing various end-to-end processes such as posting of invoices, communicating with suppliers/customers, and managing the respective ledgers
- Manage employee expense processing and payment
- Conduct bank reconciliation activities, prepare domestic & multi-currency international payments and allocate receipts
- Manage multiple reconciliation processes across various accounts to ensure proper cut off & timely balance sheet item reconciliation
- Support the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assist in ensuring appropriate tax compliance and timely tax authority returns across multiple jurisdictions
- Support the Statutory Audit process to ensure timely and accurate preparation of audit deliverables
- Support ad-hoc projects as required
- What you can expect from us
We’re dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That’s why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that’s why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Note to recruitment agencies
Duffel does not accept speculative CV’s from external parties. Any unsolicited CV’s sent to us will be treated as property of Duffel, and any attached terms and conditions associated with these CV’s will be null and void.