- Date Posted
- Oct. 27, 2021
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we’ve all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn’t kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.
We were part of Y Combinator S18’s cohort and we are backed by Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world’s largest companies.
Our team in London is growing and we’re looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
- Something to consider when reading this job advert
We know people engage with job adverts differently. Some will view it as a checklist that needs to be at 100% before applying; others will see 60% as good enough. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily meet all the requirements on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat, learn more about you and see if it could be a great fit.
Recruitment at Duffel
Recruitment forms part of the People & Spaces team. We are currently made of five members with four open positions. We look after the full employee journey from taking care of our home in Broadgate Circle, attracting talent and supporting them in their growth journey in the years to come.
The Technical Sourcer will focus on the beginning of the candidate journey and continually improve the way that we attract engineering talent and the experience they receive. Engineering represents over 50% of our open roles, so it’s an area to have a big and immediate impact. You will have the opportunity to define and build a sourcing function from the ground up. Initially, you will take the lead in our search and outreach, collaborating with Technical Recruiters to seamlessly introduce candidates into our hiring process.
- What we’re looking for you in
- We’re looking for somebody that enjoys the challenge of consistently hiring great engineers.
- Ideally, you’ll have had previous Research/Sourcing experience collaborating with Recruiters to deliver on hiring goals.
- A great communicator. Recruiting is an engagement challenge these days, so you’ll be comfortable with tailoring your message in an engaging way.
- Champion of inclusive candidate experiences. From personalising our outreach to setting the candidate up for success in our hiring process, every touchpoint is an opportunity for you to make a positive impact.
- Organised and comfortable putting in place your own structure.
- A great listener with an ability to ask insightful questions to understand each candidate’s experience, motivations and values.
- Data-informed - you’re able to use data to inform your decision making when it comes to developing and delivering sourcing strategies.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborating with hiring teams and recruiters to understand the key technical skills and behaviours that we look for when recruiting
- Create and deliver sourcing strategies to identify and engage with Software Engineers and Engineering Managers, prioritising ways to build diverse talent pipelines and inclusive experiences.
- Actively identify, engage and attract candidates using a variety of techniques and tools (we currently use LinkedIn, Hired, Otta and Amazing Hiring)
- Screen candidates and determine suitable matches for interview
- Educate the business on the effectiveness of our sourcing campaigns and introduce ways to improve our conversion rates from outreach to interview.
Our ‘Recruitment Stack’
- ATS: Lever
- Recruiting tools: Lever Nurture, LinkedIn Recruiter, Hired, Otta and Amazing Hiring
- Interviewing: Screenloop
- Documentation: Notion
- What you can expect from us
We’re dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That’s why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that’s why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Note to recruitment agencies
Duffel does not accept speculative CV’s from external parties. Any unsolicited CV’s sent to us will be treated as property of Duffel, and any attached terms and conditions associated with these CV’s will be null and void.