- Date Posted
- Oct. 27, 2021
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we’ve all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn’t kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.
We were part of Y Combinator S18’s cohort and we are backed by Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world’s largest companies.
Our team in London is growing and we’re looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
- Something to consider when reading this job advert
We know people engage with job adverts differently. Some will view it as a checklist that needs to be at 100% before applying; others will see 60% as good enough. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily meet all the requirements on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat, learn more about you and see if it could be a great fit.
IT at Duffel
You’ll be the first dedicated IT Engineer at Duffel and you’ll be working closely with the rest of Duffel. You will be collaborating heavily with the People, Office and Engineering teams.
Our office uses Meraki for the network, our meeting rooms are powered by Zoom (and so is our video conferencing), and our fleet is all Macs, powered by Fleetsmith. Our company identity service is powered by Google Workplace (Google Identity).
- What we’re looking for in you
- An enthusiasm for employee care.
- A high bar in quality across all things IT - the details matter.
- In-depth understanding of the management of MacOS based computers.
- Experience in packaging applications to ship as default installs.
- Good understanding of operational and observability practices.
- Big picture thinking - you can make trade-offs on technical work streams against business impact.
- Fantastic communication skills. You’re able to articulate what you’re working on and why to the team in a clear and structured way.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment. You believe in your own methods but keep an open mind, taking suggestions and feedback onboard as well.
What you’ll be working on
- Build a great day 1 hardware and software setup for all new employees.
- Manage and optimise our office network - wired and wireless.
- Deliver a great meeting room experience.
- Own employees digital Identity setup - we leverage Google Workspace.
- Coordinate with Apple on all things IT.
- Build and maintain an asset register for all IT hardware.
- Build and maintain tooling to enable us to better cope with our IT infrastructure.
- Help people get set up with their new hardware and Productivity tools.
- Resolve IT service desk problems.
- What you can expect from us
We’re dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That’s why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that’s why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Note to recruitment agencies
Duffel does not accept speculative CV’s from external parties. Any unsolicited CV’s sent to us will be treated as property of Duffel, and any attached terms and conditions associated with these CV’s will be null and void.