- Date Posted
- Sep. 22, 2021
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we’ve all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn’t kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.
We were part of Y Combinator S18’s cohort and we are backed by Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world’s largest companies.
Our team in London is growing and we’re looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
- Something to consider when reading this job advert
We know people engage with job adverts differently. Some will view it as a checklist that needs to be at 100% before applying; others will see 60% as good enough. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily meet all the requirements on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat, learn more about you and see if it could be a great fit.
Airline Partnerships at Duffel
Airline relations at Duffel are the brand ambassadors to our airline partners. We’re responsible for establishing and building relationships globally to deliver new commercial & distribution partnerships. We do this through business development, account management and strategic partnerships. Our main goal as a team is to provide a wide range of quality airline content on our API for our sellers and to support airlines with improved distribution and better merchandising.
We’re here to get to know the airlines and to truly understand their needs. By partnering with our engineering and design teams we ensure we’re building the right things for them to gain maximum value from Duffel.
- What we’re looking for in you
- Experience in managing airline relationships at a travel agency, or transferrable skills that can be used to build and grow relationships with airlines.
- Commercial expertise/understanding in contract negotiations and travel distribution agreements.
- Excellent stakeholder management experience and the ability to get to the heart of client problems and needs.
- Someone who’s tech-savvy and can translate technical requirements between the airlines and Duffel.
- Communication skills are vital to be successful in this role.
- A creative, yet structured problem solver who can strategise, prioritise and execute tasks efficiently.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- What you can expect from us
We’re dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That’s why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that’s why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Note to recruitment agencies
Duffel does not accept speculative CV’s from external parties. Any unsolicited CV’s sent to us will be treated as property of Duffel, and any attached terms and conditions associated with these CV’s will be null and void.