- Date Posted
- Oct. 27, 2021
- Software Engineering
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we’ve all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn’t kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.
We were part of Y Combinator S18’s cohort and we are backed by Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world’s largest companies.
Our team in London is growing and we’re looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
- Something to consider when reading this job advert
We know people engage with job adverts differently. Some will view it as a checklist that needs to be at 100% before applying; others will see 60% as good enough. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily meet all the requirements on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat, learn more about you and see if it could be a great fit.
Engineering at Duffel
As the first Developer Success Engineer at Duffel, you’ll join our Flights API team and work incredibly closely with our Customer Success team to ensure each of our customers has a first-class experience once they have decided to adopt Duffel’s products and services.
You’ll guide and provide support to developers as they integrate Duffel’s APIs into their product and workflows. Once they are live you will provide ongoing support, resolving technical issues that might crop up with the integration and helping them deploy additional products. You’ll also bring technical expertise at earlier stages of the sales process, for instance by demoing our API to customers or building quick proof of concepts.
With your unique perspective into our customer’s experience and challenges, you’ll provide crucial feedback to influence our product and engineering roadmap and will also be able to feed some of these insights into our self-serve documentation.
- Expect to spend approximately 60% of your time communicating with developers and the rest diving into specific issues.
- The tools used on the team include Elixir, Erlang and PostgreSQL on Google Cloud Platform. We also use React, Next and Typescript.
- What we’re looking for in you
- Provide technical advice to developers on best practices for integrating with our API
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise from the developer and diagnose any blockers
- Engage customers for feedback to help shape product development
- Improve our documentation to increase product adoption
- In-depth understanding of REST APIs.
- A high bar for code quality and development practices.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to articulate what you’re working on and why to the team in a clear and structured way.
- Ability to discuss technical topics with customers and provide them with the best experience they’ve ever had with an API.
- Aptitude for problem-solving with analytical first approaches.
- Love writing and sharing the work you do.
- Thriving in a collaborative environment. You believe in your own methods but keep an open mind, taking suggestions and feedback onboard as well.
- What you can expect from us
We’re dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That’s why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that’s why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Note to recruitment agencies
Duffel does not accept speculative CV’s from external parties. Any unsolicited CV’s sent to us will be treated as property of Duffel, and any attached terms and conditions associated with these CV’s will be null and void.