- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
Electric Gamebox (EGB) is on a mission to reinvent how we play video games. We’ve created an immersive team challenge, which takes place in interactive Gameboxes, where players work together to win. The Gameboxes feature a range of techniques including projection mapping, touch screens, motion tracking and surround sound to deliver a fun and immersive experience with no need for headsets.
We launched at the end of 2019 in London, and now have three venues in the UK. We opened the first Electric Gamebox in the US in Dallas, TX at the end of 2020 and have huge growth ambitions in the US.
Customer satisfaction is high across a broad range of customer demographics. Unit-level economics are already exceptionally strong with repeat rates high. Our Series A financing was co-led by Index Ventures and Project A Ventures in December 2019. We recently closed a further funding round bringing in some of the biggest players in global real estate including Brookfield Properties to enable our next phase of growth.
We are on the lookout for people who want more than a job - they want to help build a company that disrupts an entire industry. With Electric Gamebox you’ll be given an opportunity to push your boundaries, to find out what you’re capable of, to work with and learn from incredibly smart colleagues, and to enjoy the journey of building a business. Sound like something you can get on board with? Awesome.
Based in London and reporting to the COO, the VP Strategy and Business Development will have a unique opportunity to make a huge impact on the newest part of our business - Electric Gamebox Concessions. This role will involve partnerships with entertainment operators around the world and in success, could lead to a more operational position leading the business unit. Role will likely include travel, dependent on partnership opportunities.
- Product Development: work cross-functionally to refine the Concession product, overseeing design and manufacture
- Global Commercial Strategy + Pipeline Management: identify priority partnerships around the world with leading entertainment operators and manage the pipeline of opportunities
- Project Management: work with external partners and cross-functionally across EGB to ensure successful launch of concessions in partner venues
- Operational Set-Up: establish the operational foundations for a concessions business at scale: with regards to sales, supply chain, account management and service
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, organised and attentive to detail
- Strong sense of ownership: thinks and acts like a business owner and leads by example
- Exacting standards, precise and efficient: demands excellence, uses data to prioritise opportunities
- Highly commercial: quickly identifies what is required to create an impact
- Optimistic, enthusiastic, and “can do” attitude
- Team player: able to work across functions and build strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- 5-8 years in Strategy, Business Development and/or Consulting in a relevant sector
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute plans for new businesses / business units / products
- Start-up or fast-growth company experience desirable
- Exposure or experience in construction product development desirable
- Experience of working with technology, both customer-facing and for business operations
Electric Gamebox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or basis of disability.
- Part of small, dynamic working team
- Unlimited holiday
- Free games
- Team retreats
- Working with some of the UK’s top entrepreneurs