- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
- Product Management
Electric Gamebox is on a mission to bring people together through shared play, making screen time social again. We’ve created an immersive team challenge, which takes place in interactive Gameboxes, where players work together to win. The Gameboxes feature a range of technologies including projection mapping, touch screens, motion tracking and surround sound to deliver a fun and immersive experience with no need for headsets. We launched at the end of 2019 in London, and the results from our first five units in London Southbank, Manchester, Lakeside, Gravity Wandsworth and Dallas have been fantastic. People of all ages have visited and have loved the experience.
We are on the lookout for people who want more than a job – they want to help build a company that disrupts an entire industry. With Electric Gamebox you’ll be given an opportunity to push your boundaries, to find out what you’re capable of, to work with and learn from incredibly smart colleagues, and to enjoy the journey of building a business. Sound like something you can get on board with? Awesome.
The Marketing Director reports into the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) and is responsible for leading the growth of our digital marketing activities. You will own the paid media strategy (with customer acquisition being the leading priority) as well as instigating a strong retention strategy for the business ongoing.
This position involves wearing many different hats: leading the marketing team, project planning and managing stakeholders. All of this will need to be achieved against challenging delivery timescales, with multiple moving parts. You’ll get your hands dirty with tactical implementations and ‘test and learn’ approach to achieving growth.
- Identify key marketing channels that will scale and drive customer acquisition
- Influence & refine the strategy and oversee the execution of said plans for Search, Display, Paid Social, Mobile, Affiliates and SEO
- Work with relevant teams to plan, test, optimise, and scale growth strategies across all digital channels
- Manage and optimise performance marketing budgets across all channels, helping advise on media spend, preserving budget when inefficient and proposing reallocation where there is strong growth potential.
- Lead campaigns across multiple channels to enhance brand awareness, customer consideration and conversion
- As a highly data-driven marketing lead you will interpret insights, measuring campaign success in order to do more of what is working, and less of what is not; and report performance to the Executive Team
- Overseeing all direct communications with customers through the CRM
- Lead a culture of continuous innovation, big and small, to improve customer experience and profitability month-by-month
- Constantly keeping up to date with industry innovation to identify new opportunities for acquisition and retention
Who We’re Looking For:
You eat, breathe and sleep digital marketing & have ambitions to play a key role in our growth story. You understand how to define and deliver a strong customer acquisition strategy via paid channels as well as refining our digital proposition & retention programme. You can unpick the strategy behind the best digital marketing campaigns. You are an out of the box thinker and are keen to build your career and a team across a broad range of marketing disciplines.
You enjoy working as part of a fast-moving team and collaborate well with diverse personalities. You radiate positive energy, are passionate about the work you do and are a curious person with an interest in the experience economy.
Must Have Experiences:
- Experience at both an agency or large consumer brand and a start-up / fast-growing business in a marketing role
- Demonstrated experience using marketing metrics to drive business decisions
- Proven track record of success in producing, planning and leading engaging and innovative digital campaigns
- Strong people management experience in recruiting, managing and developing teams
- Extensive stakeholder management experience (remote country teams, MDs, central teams, product)
- Strong experience of performance marketing channels (Search, Display, Paid Social, Mobile, Affiliates and SEO) and understands how to realise rapid growth and customer acquisition via these channels
- Experience in leading digital marketing strategies to ensure customer retention
Must Have Skills:
- You’ll be aligned to our core values: Fast, Focused and Fun. You are willing and excited to take initiative and fully own your remit within the context of our fast paced and ever changing environment, all while enjoying the journey.
- You’re comfortable with numbers, have an exceptional analytical mindset and a knack for critical thinking and are highly skilled in using Excel and Google Sheets
- You have strong organisational skills required to effectively manage multiple projects at any given time
- You’re comfortable in working with tight deadlines, and have the ability to remain calm, focused, and effective under stress
- You have the demonstrated ability to plan and execute marketing campaigns (digital or offline)
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to learn
- You’re a team player who can provide support as and when needed
- You’ll be happy to travel to our Units on occasion and work some weekends
Nice to Have Skills:
Basic coding experience (HTML) is a plus
- Unlimited annual leave
- Chance to test brand new games before the public!
- Quarterly Company socials
- A diverse and inclusive team with people from all walks of life
- New and exciting concept, with an ambitious growth plan in the UK and abroad
- Highly experienced Founders, Executive Team and Investors