- Date Posted
- Oct. 26, 2021
- Software Engineering
Electric Gamebox is on a mission to bring people together through shared play, making screen time social again. We create immersive social challenges, which take place in interactive Gameboxes, where players work together to win. The Gameboxes combine a range of technologies including projection mapping, touch screens, motion tracking and surround sound to deliver a fun and immersive experience with no need for headsets. We’re building an ecosystem of tools around that experience. We’re expanding rapidly, adding new venues every month.
The VP Software will be responsible for all existing and future software development. We are expanding rapidly, and need to scale up and accelerate our software development capacity.
Reporting to the CTO, and as part of the management team, you’ll be responsible for how we manage developing and maintaining our software estate. The primary focus will be on both our central and venue based operating system, as well as embedded software we’ve developed as part of our hardware solutions.
You’ll be supported by a mixed team of UK based contractors that is established and works well together.
- Own and manage all day to day software development projects, including planning and project management.
- Own and manage all 3rd party developer relationships.
- Build a robust team and external network that can handle our expanding needs.
- As part of the management team, you’ll be expected to input on cross departmental activities, and define how your work impacts the wider company.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Strong team and project manager, with a deep technical understanding in one or more relevant disciplines so you can dive in when necessary.
- Creative problem solver, but pragmatic. You work fast and understand that good is often better than perfect, whilst holding yourself to high standards for (internal) customer experience and project management . We want to think differently and examine long-held truths, whilst balancing outcomes with business needs.
- Collaborative with other departments, with an appreciation that success comes from the entire team.
- Have fun. We are a company whose mission is all about play. We work hard, but it’s important to enjoy the journey as it unfolds.
- Alignment to our core values: Fast, Focused, Fun. We need our team members to be able to take initiative and own their remit in our fast paced and ever changing environment, all while enjoying the journey.
- Able to work in-office at our Southwark / Bermondsey offices.
Must Have Experience:
- You’ve managed a multidisciplinary team of developers for at least 2yrs
- 5+ years in a senior developer or leadership role
- Deep knowledge of general software development practices in one or more of the following languages / technologies:
- LAMP (Linux / apache / MySQL / PHP)
- C# / .net
- C++ / cross platform development (ubuntu / windows / rpi)
- Strong Linux (terminal) and Windows (Powershell) administration skills.
- Strong Devops skills (we use Ansible and terraform).
Nice to Have:
- Working knowledge of networks and AWS or similar
- Experience working in fast-growth or early-stage businesses
- Quarterly Company socials
- Unlimited annual leave
- Chance to test brand new games before the public!
- A diverse and inclusive team with people from all walks of life
- New and exciting concept, with an ambitious growth plan in the UK and abroad
- Highly experienced Founders, Executive Team and Investors
- A commitment to innovation, excellence and continuous improvement