- Date Posted
- May. 17, 2021
- Software Engineering
Evervault is a technology company building the encryption engine for the web, so that developers never touch sensitive data in plaintext and can isolate the code that processes it from the rest of their stack.
Our mission is to encrypt the web; our goal is zero data breaches, and our end-state is everything encrypted everywhere.
Because we’re building encryption infrastructure we need to be world-class at encryption, and world-class at infrastructure. We’re hiring a Lead Engineer, Cryptosystems to focus on on the intersection of cryptography and distributed systems. You’ll be working with Rust, Node.js, and AWS Nitro Enclaves.
The core challenge for this position is simple: How do you implement globally distributed production cryptosystems with ultra-low latency?
This person will:
- Be directly responsible for defining, owning, and executing Evervault’s production cryptosystems roadmap — from prototyping through maintenance — including the implementation of trustless systems
- Regularly conduct assessments and reviews of Evervault’s ongoing cryptography posture — including key management, safe cryptography framework use, and safe entropy
- Develop and share deep expertise in standardized cryptographic algorithms in use, or proposed for use in production
- Create content so that Evervault becomes the canonical source of truth for production cryptography globally — including the evaluation of proposals for standardization of new cryptographic algorithms
- Work closely with our Lead Engineer, Infrastructure to ensure our distributed cryptosystems are secure, reliable, and available
- Be heavily involved in building Evervault’s dedicated applied cryptography team, and mentoring engineers who may not be trained in cryptography
You may be the right person if:
- You are an excited about designing and implementing globally distributed cryptosystems
- You have expertise in cryptographic services — including enclaves/trusted execution environments & HSMs
- You have a network of cryptographers who would instantly want to join Evervault if you did
- You are a cryptography evangelist, and want to make cryptography as front-of-mind as artificial intelligence and machine learning
You are the ideal person if you have:
- PhD in Mathematics, Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Expert knowledge of production distributed cryptosystems
- Exceptional engineering skills in a common development language (e.g. Rust, C, C++)
- Ownership over your work, and in the company
- Open vacation policy
- Flexible work hours
- Build your dream machine & workspace
- Health insurance
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Relocation costs
- Free lunch & dinner