- Herndon, VA
- Date Posted
- Jun. 21, 2021
Our executive team is comprised of a motley band of opinionated windbags. Ah, well ok you may be used to that part. But you’ll probably be surprised when you see how hard it is for them to take themselves seriously for too long.
That said, while there’s fun to be had, there’s also plenty of work to be done too, and we need your help smoothing the path to success (which makes me think of curling, but I digress). Are you enamored with detail? Yet, over the years have you come to realize that sometimes you’ve just got to draw the line somewhere and move on? Are you passionate about having a pulse on the business and directly contributing to our ability to get-shit-done? Does improving crummy processes by cleverly using technology bring you joy? If any of this resonates, then we’d love to hear from you.
We’ve completed the initial stages of building out a proper administrative support capability and you’ll join our efforts to support this space. Your help will be invaluable as we continue to develop standards around how we operate and help guide our maturing capabilities.
What Expel can do for you
- Place you at the center of a rare startup culture that’s rapidly growing in the Washington DC area
- Give you the opportunity to help us define “how we do things” ... for a great many things
- Challenge you to create solutions that avoid (not create) red tape
- Encourage you to voice concerns about what’s working and what’s not so we can engage in robust dialogue to improve the status quo
- Engage your creativity to enhance an environment where everyone wants to work
- Expose you to literally any part of the business in which you’re interested
- Support your learning of an extensive set of modern software tools, seldom found in traditional, archaic organizations
- Provide coaching and feedback to grow your professional skills
What you can do for Expel
- Help a few executives optimize their time in several ways
- Help people get to know us better through the recruiting process
- Be a focal point for scheduling and travel logistics
- Support the businesses’ financial obligations by tracking corporate credit card expenses
- Help ensure our teams have what they need around the office
- Help coordinate larger cross-functional meetings and company events
- Provide a variety of other department-specific support, as needed
- Poke fun at our executives from time to time
What you should bring with you
- A customer service mindset and associated skills
- Attention to detail and the experience to know when it’s good enough
- Excellent communication skills wielded in setting expectations up front
- The ability to be concise in writing and verbally
- A willingness and ability to learn a myriad of new technology tools, quickly
- An ability to support roles in different time zones including outside of local DC business hours from time to time
- Pro tip #1: Check out our blog: How to get your resume noticed at Expel (or anywhere)
- Pro tip #2: This one is a secret so don’t tell...the hiring manager loves an engaging Cover Letter!
At Expel, our employee benefits reflect our commitment to our crew. Unlimited PTO, equity for everyone, work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and excellent health benefits are some of the ways we care for our Expletives.
- This role is based out of our offices in Herndon, Virginia.
- We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer: You’ll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.