- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
- Business Development
At Expel, we believe if we take care of our employees, they will look after our customers, and the rest will work itself out. It’s as simple as that. We have built a great place to work based on transparency, where people love what they do, and work gets appreciated. A place where our partners rave about their Expel counterparts. Where they speak of trust, openness, respect and integrity. We want our partners to enjoy promoting our product and feel good about how they get treated during every interaction with us.
That’s where you come in. Do you think of partners as “your” customers? You bet! You care about their problems, and want to help cure their ills. You see yourself as the “Quick Reaction Force” that swoops in to create mutually-beneficial opportunities. You take responsibility for partner-led customer meetings by being there before, during and after events. You’re the constant in what can feel like a swirl for our partners and customers.
Asking questions and being a trusted resource is core to your business. We know that no matter how good a product is, someone must guide the process — and you excel at making this even easier for our internal teams and partners.
Information security is a tangled, congested market with confusing, overlapping messages and frequently unclear value propositions. “Market-leading, best-of-breed, next-gen Threat-tron 9000 with a live pew-pew map finds the badness, OMG be afraid!” That’s all fear-mongering nonsense, and that’s not how you do business.
So, if you found yourself singing with excitement reading this, then we’d love to hear from you. You’re our kind of Partner Sales Specialist!
- What Expel Can Do For You
- We connect you with partners who focus on information security and are eager to find joint successes.
- We offer the opportunity to build robust industry and partner sales experience, with mentoring and training.
- We’ll give you experience in a startup environment with a team who truly cares about doing meaningful work.
- We provide a simple compensation plan that pays you well for meeting your objectives.
- What You Can Do For Expel
- Support Partner Sales Managers (PSM) in an assigned geographic region and become an integral part of their plan for success
- Be a “connector” between partners, Account Executives, and our Sales Development team to align and execute prospecting campaigns.
- Generate leads within Expel’s Elite & Premier partner tiers through effective outbound activity (phone / email / social), leading to first meetings with prospects
- Cultivate and nurture Tier 2 Partners by keeping them updated and informed on latest Expel offerings via training and enablement
- Maintain our deal registration management processes, including approvals/denials
- Create and maintain top target lists via ZoomInfo
- What You Should Bring With You
- Grit, determination, curiosity , and a will to win
- Infectious enthusiasm that helps you build strong relationships and trust quickly with colleagues and partners
- An ability to translate robust and complex solution offerings into easy to understand pitches
- Strong project and time management skills, including being able to autonomously schedule, and coordinate within and across teams, all while hitting deadlines
- A general understanding of modern enterprise security products, including common vendors for product categories (firewalls, endpoint detection and response, SIEM).
- Exposure to guiding customers/partners through brief product demos and willingness to learn more
- Proficiency in common enterprise and sales efficiency technologies and applications, including, but not limited to SFDC, Gsuite and Office365, as well as communication technologies such as Slack, Zoom, and Uberconference.
Our headquarters is in Herndon, Virginia, however our team is fully remote, and we have full support for remote interaction. We realize that while there is benefit to in-person interaction, good people don’t all live in Northern Virginia.
At Expel, our employee benefits reflect our commitment to our crew. Unlimited PTO, equity for everyone, work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and excellent health benefits are some of the ways we care for our Expletives.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer: You’ll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.