- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Are you appalled at the amount of organizational friction created by data silos? Do you want to build a friction-free way for people to gather and access the data they need, when they need it? If so, keep reading!
Are you the type you can’t help but wonder how you can help others by reducing friction while improving a process or increasing efficiency? Perhaps you find yourself spending time trying to determine how to make sure the business has the data it needs at its fingertips, right in the nick of time.
At Expel, we’re looking for someone who can help syndicate data from the usual suspects (Salesforce, Marketo, Outreach) and more off-the-beaten path systems (Clari, Gong, ZoomInfo) and constantly improve our ability to get effective information in the right hands across Finance, Sales, Marketing, Customer Experience, and beyond.
We’d like you to help us improve our architecture so it’s a delight to use for our internal customers. We care about our team and obsess over having intuitive, easy-to-use and simple technology, designed with our people in mind. Ultimately you’re enabling people to drive the business forward.
Do you see yourself as someone who’s collaborative, curious, and always looking to contribute? If so, and you aspire to deliver an extraordinary user experience, then you’ve come to the right place!
What Expel can do for you
- Give you the space and freedom you need to improve our foundational data requirements
- Provide the autonomy to define and prioritize problems & propose and implement solutions
- Deliver never-ending opportunities to try out new tech and innovative solutions to address business problems
- Ensure you get the management support, mentorship, and feedback to be successful
- What you can do for Expel
- Scale our interdepartmental data strategy from the ground up
- Help our departments get the information they need to make ever-better decisions and drive constant improvement in efficiency and accuracy
- Design, develop and implement business management systems and integrations with 3rd party applications by collecting and defining product requirements, including performing analytical investigations, system improvements and building automations
- Anticipate and respond to needs before problems arise
- Ensure comprehensive, up-to-date, and accurate documentation of data architecture, data flows, and integration of systems
- Support end user requests for reports, critical metrics, and dashboards and continuously improve these resources and their capabilities
- Provide ongoing system/technical support to users, including training and access for all roles
- What you should bring with you
- Experience working with business systems like CRMs, ERPs, GLs, and associated technical plumbing, ideally in cloud SaaS environments
- Depth of understanding of Financial systems & financial literacy
- Ability to run cross-functional projects and initiatives
- Experience with the design and architecture of data flows through third party cloud SaaS applications
- Experience delivering large cross-organizational projects like technology migrations, new product launches, deployment of business applications that have substantial business impact
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and application project management
- A bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field or a commensurate set of life experiences
At Expel, our employee benefits reflect our commitment to our crew. Unlimited PTO, equity for everyone, work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and excellent health benefits are some of the ways we care for our Expletives.
- Our office is based in Herndon, Virginia. However, we’re open to remote work for this position.
- We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer: You’ll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.