- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Product Engineering
Your experience in PM has exposed you to a specialized area you love. Although you’re on the product team, your core lives at the intersection of sales, finance, and product. You blend your analysis, problem solving, and product knowledge to tackle customer needs with creative pricing and packaging. You know our pricing model inside and out and are always trying to optimize for good outcomes for both customers and Expel. Analytical abilities are your super power but you are flexible in the way you put them to work. You know when to engage your fellow product managers, service delivery leads and finance to vet ideas and asks. You can explain why a model is beneficial to sales and customers and reason about how it’s going to show up to a customer in a sales order.
Like most PMs, you wear a few hats. You power the PM team to make good decisions by equipping them with the product data, business metrics and dashboards that challenge current thinking and tomorrow’s plans. At the monthly operational metrics meeting your story-telling skills are only second to your industry benchmarks & time-series analysis. You use metrics to provide context to new product launches, identify areas for investment, and call out areas where we need to go-fast to maximize our opportunity. Your inner monologue is constantly asking hard questions & they are the mile markers on your path to key findings. The passion for your work is obvious. We’re in awe of these skills and are looking forward to meeting you!
The information security industry is facing some of the most daunting challenges the world has to offer these days. Can you help build something that helps our customers get back to doing what they love about security? We want to hear from you!
What Expel can do for you
- Let you tap into a hugely underserved market that hasn’t gotten the attention it deserves
- Connect you with companies who truly want to get better at information security and are eager to share their points of view
- Provide autonomy in the driver’s seat of a new and exciting service
- Offer a role in the broader PM / UX team with a more specialized role
- Give you experience working in a startup environment with a team who truly cares about doing meaningful work
- What you can do for Expel
- Spend time with our customers, sales, ops, and business team to understand their problems and work with them to come up with meaningful solutions
- Tap into our experimentation framework to spot which tweaks could change outcomes
- See through the haze of ad-hoc sales requests to the underlying needs and opportunities that will make our customers happy & successful
- Distill ideas into a pricing & packaging roadmap that, even though it makes us uncomfortable, we can execute on
- Understand where a little process and phenomenal communication make a huge difference between delivering something and bringing everyone on the journey with you
- Keep your thumb on the pulse of the market, the players, the competition and the changing tide
- What you should bring with you
- Understanding of SaaS products, pricing models & usage metrics
- Ability to create pricing and packaging strategy, and articulate how it enables business goals
- Ability to synthesize market feedback into customer needs regardless of the quality, specificity or availability of that feedback
- Ability to breakdown complex problems, synthesize and make plan
- Particularly strong attention to details – both technical and non-technical
- A Bachelor’s degree or a compelling story
- 5+ years of professional experience, with at least 2 in Product Management / Product Operations
- If you’ve got a background with services or information security, that’s even better
At Expel, our employee benefits reflect our commitment to our crew. Unlimited PTO, equity for everyone, work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and excellent health benefits are some of the ways we care for our Expletives.
- Our office is based in Herndon, Virginia. However, we will consider remote work for this position.
- We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer: You’ll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.