- Date Posted
- Jun. 15, 2021
- Product Engineering
You’re the glue. The person everyone on the project goes to; not only because you have a 360 degree view of what the project is all about, but because they know the sooner they collaborate with you the smoother things go. You appreciate a good Monday board as much as the next PM but your view of success goes well beyond meeting the dates (though that’s great, too). You’re as polite as you’re creative but aren’t afraid to tell the real story about where things stand to whoever needs to hear it. When things are off track, you’re like a bloodhound and serve as a trusted advisor to find out what’s really standing in the way of progress. You’ve been through enough rodeos to believe that bad news doesn’t get better with time but you don’t just report the facts; you dig in to get creative with solutions.
At Expel we aren’t looking for a box checker though we would like our boxes a little more organized. We need a Program Manager who knows that the people are as important as the planning. The person who everyone is relieved is tracking “the things” so that we collaborate when we need to but can sometimes just focus on getting stuff done. Someone who has the experience to figure out what needs to get done and grok the complexity involved with tasks in each area. We know the bigger the project we embark on the more we need someone to help pull it all together. That’s why we’re looking for you!
The information security industry is facing some of the most daunting challenges the world has to offer these days. Can you help build something that helps our customers get back to doing what they love about security? If this sounds like fun, we want to hear from you.
What Expel can do for you
- Give you a key role in bringing new and exciting offerings to market
- Be an important part of a high-functioning team who doesn’t need persuading to engage on important projects
- Provide a place where you can have an impact because leaders want you to guide the path forward, not wait for executive approval
- Give you experience working in a startup environment with a team who truly cares about doing meaningful work
What you can do for Expel
- Tap into your insatiable attention for detail to provide our teams with the structure and communication they need to launch amazing product offerings
- Eyeball the product roadmap and help identify where trade-offs need to be made to ensure successful delivery
- Understand where a little process and consistent communication make a huge difference between delivering something and bringing the team on the journey with you
- Sense the issues before they become problem & get the team to rally around a few different solutions
What you should bring with you
- A solid understanding of information security -- technologies, products and services
- Strong knowledge of various development methodologies & related tools
- Excellent active listening, negotiating and conflict management skills
- A Bachelor’s degree or a compelling story
- 5+ years of professional experience in Program Management
At Expel, our employee benefits reflect our commitment to our crew. Unlimited PTO, equity for everyone, work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and excellent health benefits are some of the ways we care for our Expletives.
- This role will be based out of our offices in Herndon, Virginia. We will consider remote work for this position.
- We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer: You’ll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.