- Herndon, VA
- Date Posted
- Jun. 21, 2021
First impressions count. But you know that ... because you create them every day.
At Expel, we’ve got our eye on the long game. And it starts with you. Our customers need to be able to trust us, and that begins the second you get them on the phone or hook them with your email. Our promise to them: we do what we say, and they will love what we do. We don’t use jargon, replay tired phrases to describe ourselves or negotiate like we’re trying to sell them a bridge. We want our customers to not only love our product but feel good about how they get treated during every interaction with us.
We’re a breath of fresh air in an enterprise information security market that’s confusing, hostile and dominated by vendors focused on their widget instead of what customers actually want or need. Even if the timing isn’t right, we believe we should still offer value because chances are they’ll be a customer six or 12 months down the road.
Are you looking to build your career in sales at a company with a product customers actually rave about? How does working on a newly defined mid-market team sound? If you’re passionate about growing your sales skills, looking for a high impact role, and intrigued by the chance to work somewhere that gives you tools and training to do it in new ways we should talk!
In this role, you’ll be working closely with marketing and senior account executives so you’ll gain a complete appreciation for what it takes to attract, engage, qualify and ... ultimately close new business.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!
What Expel can do for you
- Provide you with a client-focused sales culture full of positive energy and built on integrity, creativity and transparency.
- Surround you with highly collaborative sales and marketing teams that know the act of creating a long-term customer starts with building trust during your initial outreach.
- Surprise you with the capability of our team and our willingness to creatively support your efforts, whether that’s via teaching you about security, creating engaging content or investing in your development.
- Give you a career path that provides opportunities to grow into more senior sales roles at Expel.
What you can do for Expel
- Generate qualified sales leads by making phone calls, sending emails and connecting through social media channels with prospects at companies in our target market.
- Explain to prospects what Expel does, by adding value at each touchpoint from beginning to end.
- Coordinate and actively partake in the initial discovery calls you set up with prospects.
- Maintain detailed account and contact profiles in Salesforce and Outreach including activities, reports, and follow-up tasks.
- Develop and keep your knowledge up to date on Expel’s services, partners, differentiators, competitors, value proposition and related security technologies so you can effectively prospect and qualify leads.
- Research target customers and identify prospects using tools like Zoominfo, LinkedIn and online research.
- Partner with Enterprise AE’s to strategically prospect new business with the right titles/accounts.
- Consistently attain monthly, quarterly and annual targets.
What you should bring with you
- An ability to influence others and build rapport quickly – especially over the phone.
- A high level of professionalism and a customer service mentality.
- Self-discipline, ambition and a track record of meeting and exceeding daily and monthly objectives.
- Strong communication skills – including written and verbal – and the ability to tailor outreach.
- High energy and a positive attitude
- Passion for new technology and an interest in learning about security.
- Hands-on experience with different sales techniques, including cold calls.
- Resilience and perseverance that lets you overcome objections.
- Experience with CRM software such as Salesforce.com (kudos if you’ve also got experience with prospecting tools like ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, SalesLoft and Outreach).
- A resilient, adaptable to change, and curious approach
- 1-2 years sales or customer service experience (and ... better yet, experience with selling security or cloud-related products and services).
- A Bachelor’s degree or a compelling story.
At Expel, our employee benefits reflect our commitment to our crew. Unlimited PTO, equity for everyone, work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and excellent health benefits are some of the ways we care for our Expletives.
- We’re looking to hire in someone who will work in our Herndon, VA office.
- We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer: You’ll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.