- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
In your world, every call with a potential client is an opportunity to help them overcome daunting challenges. Sometimes you can solve those problems, and sometimes you can’t. Either way, the opportunity to act as a trusted advisor and learn something new all within the same conversation is what energizes you.
Do you dive headfirst into complicated challenges balancing organizational politics, security fundamentals, and business impact all with the end goal of making the client successful? If so, the Solution Architect role at Expel is for you.
At Expel, we’ve got our eye on the long game. Our clients need to be able to trust us, and that begins with understanding where they currently are, where they want to be, and connecting them to solutions that will help them (even if that solution isn’t Expel!). We don’t use jargon, replay tired phrases or provide fuzzy answers. We sell with integrity and empathy so our clients feel good about how we treat them during every interaction.
As a Solution Architect at Expel, you have a deep understanding of the needs of prospects. You set clear expectations around what we can and can’t do, then craft a strategy for the delivery teams to ensure the prospect’s success. But don’t worry, you’ll go deep on the delivery side too! You’ll scope and run PoCs, which includes working with the delivery organization to make sure we’re showing prospects what they need to see in order to make a buying decision.
Success is ensuring that Expel can make the prospect successful. Sometimes, that means showing them we can do what we say we do. Other times, that means leading them to a new vision.
You dig it either way.
What Expel can do for you
- Provide you with guidance and coaching to help hone your customer success and sales skills
- Connect you with people and organizations who are at vastly different places in their security journey and who want to share their opinions and learn from you
- Expose you to an environment where you will be challenged but supported, encouraging you to learn and grow
- Enable you to build relationships and work alongside specialists in their fields, including best-in-class SOC analysts, sales leaders, customer success professionals, and clients of all shapes and sizes
What you can do for Expel
- Deeply understand prospect challenges that lead them to Expel and set clear expectations around which of these challenges we can help them with and which we can’t
- Ensure we’re selling with empathy and integrity with each prospect conversation
- Support sales by collaborating on sales strategy, providing service demos to prospects, and acting as a technical and overall Expel SME
- Prepare delivery teams for inbound prospects by providing details associated with prospect expectations, opportunities to show value, things to look out for, and technical details regarding their specific environment
What you should bring with you
- Experience working optimally with multiple teams in an organization by encouraging teamwork, delegating tasks, resolving issues, setting goals, and holding people & teams accountable
- Translate technical concepts and generic models into something we (including our customers) care about using clear language and visuals
- Knowledge of and ability to describe: attack vectors, threat tactics, and attacker techniques
- Ability to ask clarifying questions and seek technical objections’ head on
- Ability to perform data analysis including trending, anomaly identification, and root cause analysis
- Experience in security operations, incident response, and associated processes
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
At Expel, our employee benefits reflect our commitment to our crew. Unlimited PTO, equity for everyone, work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and excellent health benefits are some of the ways we care for our Expletives.
While our office is located in Herndon, VA, we are open to those based remotely who can support our clients and sales teams during the Eastern Standard Timezone. Travel expected for this role will be up to 25%.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer: You’ll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.