- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
- Software Engineering
You enjoy writing code, but in the back of your mind you’re always wondering: what problem does this solve? Who will be using this software and how will this make their work easier? You’re fascinated by how your software is used and how it can be improved. You like to dive into the end users’ workflows to make them as seamless as possible. Because it’s not just about the code, it’s about the results.
You’ve found that having a robust, automated test suite frees the team to take on refactoring efforts with confidence, knowing that the system you’ve built won’t let you deploy broken software even if you try. You believe that collaborating with others makes it so that everyone learns, you build a better product, and you can sleep at night and go on vacation with the assurance that what you’ve constructed is stable.
The Integrations team is responsible for supporting delivery, operation, and maintenance of Expel’s security product integrations and integrations platform. We work closely with other engineering teams, product management, and quality team members to deliver security device integrations that support efficient processes for analysts and automation.
Our team values being actively inclusive and supportive, innovation through rapid iteration, and intelligent execution over heroics. If this sounds like the kind of team you’d like to join, we’d love to hear from you!
Give you complex, real world problems on which to use your skills and experience
- Provide opportunities to integrate with all three major cloud infrastructure providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Develop your expertise in current technologies like Kubernetes, GCP and Google data services, Postgres, Python, and Go
- Increase your exposure to the information security space and security products
- Experience a growing, highly transparent startup environment
- Expand support for the core security device infrastructure our customers, analysts, and robots rely on 24 x 7
- Enable our detection and response team to build and maintain the best-in-class security for our customers
- Enthusiastically reinforce our belief in good software engineering practice including code reviews and automated testing
- Add your viewpoint to our engineering culture (and especially our team)
- Adapt to changes of direction because, hey, startup life!
- A desire and ability to constantly learn and improve yourself and your work products
- An enjoyment of articulating technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences, and collaborating effectively with others, from a variety of teams and departments
- 5+ years professional development experience
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration - e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- Proficiency with multiple programming languages (compiled and scripting) - e.g. Python, Go, Node
- Solid understanding of engineering, applications security, and quality best practices, particularly in SaaS environments
- Experience working with cloud-native services in at least one of the top cloud providers a plus - GCP (preferred), AWS, Azure
We build and run teams where everyone is pulling in the same direction and is learning from each other:
- We work out of a shared backlog
- We peer-review everything
- We pair-program when it makes sense
- We do monthly blame-free retros to reinforce what’s going well, so we do more of it, and surface what’s not, so we can do something about it.
At Expel, our employee benefits reflect our commitment to our crew. Unlimited PTO, equity for everyone, work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and excellent health benefits are some of the ways we care for our Expletives.
Our headquarters is in Herndon, Virginia, however our team is fully remote, and we have full support for remote interaction. We realize that while there is benefit to in-person interaction, good people don’t all live in Northern Virginia.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer: You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.