- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Software Engineering
Your website game is on point. An intuitive experience coupled with always fresh content is your recipe for keeping visitors on the site and coming back regularly. You know your trade and you’re always reviewing and changing the site to increase engagement.
Watching website traffic spike and conversions multiply is what’s most important to you. Building user journeys and highlighting new content puts a spring in your step. You know better than to keep a site stagnant. That’s why you’re passionate about creating a dynamic site that attracts and holds visitors’ interest.
Do you love the energy in working with teams to bring their vision to life? Have a favorite tool or two to measure web patterns. Get a high when you push a new page or refreshed section live?
If so, we’d like to meet you! Why? Because we’re searching for a developer who can help us to build a site that connects with the security community! We want to help organizations create space to do what they love best — and sharing how we do that through our website is paramount.
What Expel can do for you
- Provide you with a unique opportunity to bring to life a site that helps organizations think about security differently
- Give you experience working in a startup environment with a team who truly cares about doing meaningful work
- Provide you access to an entertaining team of highly inventive marketers
- Provide you space to try new things and create journeys’ that address our buyers needs
- What you can do for Expel
- Increase awareness of Expel by bringing alive the incredible capabilities, through an easy to use and engaging web experience
- Orchestrate content, page, and layout changes regularly to optimize SEO and readership
- Use UX principles to design the optimal web experience for all visitors
- Try and fail...and try again. Experiment with new layouts, navigations, and content formats
- Measure, learn and continuously optimize our website to increase site traffic, engagement and stickiness
- Be an internal advocate for our audience to make sure our content is high quality and something they’ll care about
- What you should bring with you
- A passion for website architecture, UX design principles, and results
- Strong prioritization, planning, and project management skills to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively across functions and levels of the organization
- A collaborative and accountable mindset
- 5+ years of WordPress development with increasing site ownership
- WordPress expertise
- An ability to debug and troubleshoot unexpected site behaviors
- A Bachelor’s degree or a compelling story
At Expel, our employee benefits reflect our commitment to our crew. Unlimited PTO, equity for everyone, work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and excellent health benefits are some of the ways we care for our Expletives.
- This role is based in our Herndon, Virginia office, with the flexibility to work remotely.
- We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer: You’ll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.