- Date Posted
- Sep. 26, 2021
- Data Science
With more than 23m users playing 30m gaming sessions every month, FACEIT is the leading competitive gaming platform. We provide gamers the best experience possible by making sure we are always on top of our tech – and continue to deliver industry leading features to our already awesome platform!
Our data team plays a crucial role within the FACEIT family, they make sure we provide the best user experience thanks to their cutting edge projects around detecting abusive behaviours, matchmaking systems and much more!
As a Data Manager, you will assist our Director of Data with looking after a small knit team of Data Analysts, Engineers and Scientists on set projects. You will oversee the work of your peers and help them progress and excel on their project tasks. You will also support others in the daily use of FACEIT data systems, and formulate techniques for quality data collection.
- So, what are we looking for?
- You are currently working as a Team Leader or Manager, looking after a mixed team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers
- You understand how data pipelines work (previous working experience with Airflow would be nice!), you are also familiar with most Machine Learning frameworks and can comfortably discuss Machine Learning projects with your team.
- We would love to see if you understand how data pipelines work and how familiar you are with Cloud Datalakes, like Bigquery, RedShift or Snowflake
- We need you to be able to demonstrate your project management skills combined with a strong understanding of data migration.
- It would be awesome if you have a solid working knowledge of advanced SQL (common table extensions, window functions etc.) and good understanding of Python. Whilst coding will not be your main focus, we still expect you to be hands-on and able to do code reviews, and write your own queries and models for analysis
What we can offer:
- Work with the best tech available;
- Fully remote or hybrid model supported;
- Lunch provided daily (when we’re in the office!);
- Kitchen stocked with refreshments (coffee machines everywhere – our founding team is Italian after all!);
- Company book club, and gaming nights;
- Flexible working environment;
- Company (virtual) drinks session every Friday
- Monthly massages (when we’re in the office);
- Quarterly team outings;
- Your professional growth is important to us. We provide ongoing training opportunities