- Date Posted
- Sep. 26, 2021
At FACEIT we are proud to work with gamers globally, to provide great competitive experiences for their favourite video games. We develop unique products for sponsors producing world-class esports tournaments and events. We also develop unique products for players, partners and game developers centred around establishing and building competitive communities and ecosystems for multiplayer video games. With more than 23 million users, our online platform hosts over 30 million matches a month; we are proud to work closely with multiple gaming publishers and developers to keep building the next generation of competitive experiences.
About the People Team
This has been a busy, crazy but rewarding year for FACEIT; In 2021 our People team worked successfully to align our company strategy with our people’s needs; delivering a number of key initiatives including our first-ever performance appraisal, introducing a continuous feedback loop as well as a bit of reorganisation here and there!
Our People Ops Team is pivotal in shaping our fast-paced, growing organisation and taking it to the next level of its journey. As such, we have some major but exciting growth plans for 2021-22 and need a passionate and driven HR professional that will help us to deliver these by leveraging their initiative, HR knowledge and partnering skills - whilst, of course, bringing their own set of ideas to the table.
If this sounds like a role for you, keep reading!
About The Role
As a People Business Partner, you will be responsible for aligning our business objectives with our people solutions; driving forward our people agenda whilst making sure FACEIT is an employer of choice.
Initially, you will partner closely with all organisational leaders/heads of departments and work to cultivate strong credible relationships by becoming their ‘go-to person. As well as developing tailored approaches and solutions to meet their people/teams current and future needs.
You will also strive to make sure our people have the right skills and knowledge to deliver key business objectives; coaching managers through the employee lifecycle including performance management, onboarding, feedback and career progression/development; whilst fostering an engaged and healthy culture centred around our FACEIT values.
Working closely with our People Ops Director, you will also create ‘fit for purpose’ policies and procedures; as well as developing and maintaining our employee handbook. You will also be contributing to the development and ongoing maintenance of our people operation tasks; helping them to become both ‘fit for purpose’ and automated where possible. e.g. onboarding, offboarding etc.
What are we looking for?
- MSc in HR (or equivalent)
- CIPD Level 5 Qualified (or equivalent)
- Experience in partnering with senior leaders.
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills; ability to translate and deliver clear and direct messages.
- Credible advisory skills and an ability to influence.
- A self-starter who is highly driven and passionate, and possesses the ability to work autonomously with minimal direction.
We would be very excited if you have experience with the following:
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment or esports would be super beneficial.
- Experience partnering with Media divisions would be a plus!
- Knowledge of transformational change would be advantageous.
- Familiarity or previous experience with coaching and delivering training to all levels.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems; Bamboo, Performance management tools: Leapsome, Confluence and Gsuite tools.
- Super flexible working environment; remote opportunities available;
- Lunch provided daily (when we’re in the office!);
- Kitchen stocked with refreshments (coffee machines everywhere – our founding team is Italian after all!);
- Company book club, and gaming nights;
- Company (virtual) drinks session every Friday;
- Monthly massages (when we’re in the office!);
- Quarterly team outings