- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
- Software Engineering
With more than 22m users playing 30m matches every month FACEIT is the leading competitive gaming platform. We provide gamers the best experience possible by making sure we are always on top of our tech – and continue to deliver industry leading features to our already awesome platform!
The biggest bulk of the FACEIT family is our tech team, and we pride ourselves in using the latest and best technology the industry has to offer. As an Engineering Manager, you will report directly to our CTO, and look after a team of 4 to 6 highly skilled techies. You will make sure we are always on top of our game, whilst supporting the development of individuals in your team – and providing them with the right motivation to help them thrive in their role.
- So, what are we looking for?
- You will currently be working as a Team Lead or Manager, looking after a team of Software Engineers or Developers
- The ability to translate requirements into technical terms should come as second nature to you
- We really need you to have a good understanding of modern technologies, relating to both frontend and backend such as; GoLang, Java, React, Redux, GCP, Kubernetes etc
- Experience working within a microservices environment would really get us excited!
- Though we don’t expect you to do any hands on coding, we would need you to be able to oversee code reviews, and implement the right processes, assurances and procedures to the SDLC
- You will have an analytical approach to solving problem, and love using data to make decisions
- We all work in Agile here – so a mix of Kanban and Scrum knowledge would be great!
- A passion for gaming and esports would be amazing, but not a requirement
What we can offer:
- Work with the best tech available;
- Fully remote or hybrid model supported;
- Lunch provided daily (when we’re in the office!);
- Kitchen stocked with refreshments (coffee machines everywhere – our founding team is Italian after all!);
- Company book club, and gaming nights;
- Flexible working environment;
- Company (virtual) drinks session every Friday
- Monthly massages (when we’re in the office);
- Quarterly team outings;
- Your professional growth is important to us. We provide ongoing training opportunities;