- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Business Development
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re dedicated to delivering the ultimate luxury shopping experience to our most loyal clients around the globe. Our powerhouse team made up of Personal Stylists, Marketing, Client Development, Customer Service and Operations are committed to ensuring our clients receive an unrivalled premium service – available only on FARFETCH.
Our New York office is located in Midtown near the iconic Bryant Park and the historic Grand Central Terminal, New York’s best connected office neighborhood. The beautifully designed office has 360 views and tall windows to bring the outside in. We have a communal kitchen that brings the team together for Family Lunch and Happy Hours. The office is open plan with plenty of rooms and booths to take a private call, have time to relax and work in private or have a large collaborative meeting.
Fashion Concierge is the ultimate global luxury sourcing service within Private Client. Our mission is to enhance the Farfetch Private Client proposition by providing our clients with access to the most desirable items from across the globe. By using our unrivalled (and ever-growing) luxury supply network through our in-house, industry-leading technology, we have changed the way global customers shop for luxury. As the Manager of Business Development for Fashion Concierge, you will report to the VP of Fashion Concierge. Your focus is on driving profitable growth for the Fashion Concierge business by establishing partnerships with online and brick-and mortar luxury brands and retailers. Your focus will be twofold: first, you will lead our business development function and second, you will help guide Fashion Concierge’s overall supply expansion strategy. We are looking for someone who likes to be challenged, thinks critically and creatively, and wants to be a part of a high-growth team.
What you’ll do
- Prospect and build pipelines to establish partnerships with the relevant luxury brands in the apparel, accessories, home, beauty, and jewelry categories in a manner consistent with Fashion Concierge’s’ growth strategy
- Develop supply strategies for achieving revenue goals for your region
- Manage complex deal negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation for a working relationship with our partners, including sustainable economics for both parties
- Evolve partnerships with relevant luxury brands to surface the most exclusive supply to the clients of Farfetch
- Work with colleagues in other regions to maximize international partnership opportunities to keep pace with demand and expansion
- Define metrics/ KPIs aligned with department strategy and analyze them to identify potential efficiency improvement determines solutions for at-risk areas
- Voice the value of our Fashion Concierge shopper app and platform and its evolving capabilities to prospective partners, navigate the brand through discovery, negotiation and close phases and prepare the brand to be transitioned to onboarding.
- Understand our potential partners’ challenges and needs and work with colleagues in Private Client, Client Development, Commercial, Operations, and Merchandising teams to achieve improved supply
- Reassess priorities as demand fluctuates and operate in a fast-paced environment
Who you are
- You’ll be a luxury industry expert with a knowledge of the wants and needs of the luxury customer, with a background in e-commerce
- You have 5+ years experience in a similar level role
- You’ll have excellent commercial and financial knowledge, and an ability to understand and interpret analytics and financials into recommendations; you’ll have managed a P&L
- You have superb negotiation skills
- You inspire and motivate your team and those around with your enthusiasm to achieve and exceed results
- You’ll be a client centric leader with a natural passion for delivering an excellent customer journey and experience
- You have strong analytical skills and strategic insight to build business cases for growth
- A passion for having an impact in fast-paced, growing environments.
- Focus on execution, exceeding expectations and building authentic relationships to over achieve no matter the task
Rewards & benefits
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, with flexible spending account
- 401K plus company match, PTO and volunteer days
- Wellness, and cell phone reimbursements
- Family Lunch, catered weekly when in office
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our growing Fashion Concierge + Private Client team in New York!