- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Hello. We’re Stadium Goods. We are the world’s premier sneaker + streetwear marketplace selling only the most sought-after footwear, apparel and other hard-to-find items on behalf of our sellers. We are driven by our principles and committed to providing the best consumer and consignment experience there is. In January 2019, Stadium Goods became part of the Farfetch family of companies, which will help guide our evolution as we usher in the next chapter of scale and growth.
Data & analytics
Data & Analytics Team manages collecting all the important information we need around our products, customers, and sales to effectively run our business. The Data team stores that data and provides us with access to the data in tools and dashboards. Analytics then synthesize that data into applicable insights that can drive our key results.
Reporting into the Strategy & Analytics team, you will help the company to optimize our marketplace business by leveraging data and insights to hone in on inefficiencies and new opportunities. In this role, you will be expected to develop a deep understanding of our P&L, and how our data translates to financial reporting, to allow you to continuously improve our ability to lead the business with data. You will support the Finance and Operations teams by building out reporting, diving into difficult problems, and defining and building business cases, all to help us create world-class experiences for our customers and sellers.
What you’ll do
- You will provide financial reporting and insights to our Finance and Operations teams - from building out and refining Tableau dashboards to ad-hoc analyses to business cases
- You will partner closely with our Data Architecture and Engineering team to enhance data definitions around financial reporting and continuously support stewardship of financial data
- You will track key performance indicators for your domain, identifying and flagging gaps, opportunities, and risks
- You will design and build measurement frameworks and business metrics for our reporting
- You will translate insights using tools like SQL, Tableau, and Google Analytics into actionable recommendations to drive sales growth, margin efficiency, and process improvements
- You will Collaborate with business unit leadership to influence decisions aimed at maximizing operational efficiency, business impacts, and financial returns
- You will create processes to capture, analyze, leverage, and share insights to determine business decisions that will resolve bottlenecks, uncover new opportunities, and lead to growth or cost efficiencies
Who you are
- You are self-led and passionate about building out reports and visualizations that drive the business to most effectively make decisions
- You are ready to answer the big questions about what is working and what is not working, but also have the patience, determination, and focus to dig into the data
- You excel at uncovering insights at the micro-level that help explain the business at the macro-level
- You are passionate about learning new methodologies, pioneering approaches, and helping others understand data
- You are ready to work closely with a variety of stakeholders, in particular Finance, and can explain problems from an outsider’s perspective in a way that helps your stakeholders understand and feel engaged
- 5+ years experience in business analytics or data-led consulting
- A foundation in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Math, Finance, or Statistics through education and/or relevant work experience
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with analytical tools such as SAP, Hyperion Essbase, Tableau, etc.
- Experience in building reporting that supports Finance or Operations functions
- Foundational accounting knowledge (i.e. balance sheet versus profit and loss (P&L) expense recognition).
- Proven business partnering skills, including the ability to build relationships and trust with senior leaders, and get things done across functional boundaries.
- Proficiency in presentation skills, experience presenting data to business stakeholders across varying levels of data fluency
- Ability to make thoughtful trade-offs among a diverse set of teams and priorities, filling the gap between business requirements and tactics, and suggesting reasonable workarounds when necessary
Rewards & benefits
- Comprehensive total rewards package that includes a great compensation package, company equity, health benefits and 401k
- Paid time off
- Dynamic career growth opportunities
- A fun, creative and mission-driven work environment
- Team outings and afterwork events
Equal opportunities statement
- Stadium Goods is committed to being an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is celebrated. We make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.
- Our fast-growing team is looking for a Senior BI Analyst, Finance to be based in our New York City headquarters.