- Date Posted
- Sep. 13, 2021
- Data Science
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
We are looking for a person who will be part of our Business Intelligence & Analytics team, you will be in charge of the development distributed computing tasks using Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL and other distributed environment technologies based on our needs. You will also analyze, designing, programming, debugging and modifying software enhancements and new products used in distributed, large-scale analytics solutions.
What you’ll do
- Design scalable, end-to-end process to consume and integrate large volume, complex data from sources such as Hive, Flume, Kafka or Storm;
- Provide Data Engineering expertise to multiple teams across our organization. Provide guidance to software engineers with industry and internal data best practices;
- Research and implement new data technologies;
- Work with other teams to understand needs and provide solutions;
- Work with the Business Intelligence development team on migration and improve existing SQL Server-based ETLs to Map Reduce and Hive (Cloud) technology to achieve scale and performance;
- Help develop new processes on the data warehouse platform and work with Data Scientists to transform big data into model-‐ ready forms to support projects.
Who you are
- Experienced in working with large datasets (both structured and unstructured) using technologies such as MapReduce, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Spark and NoSQL technologies;
- Experienced in programming languages (Java, C++, or Python);
- Knowledgeable in distributed systems;
- Experienced with real-time analysis of sensor and other data from Internet of Things (IoTs) or other connected devices;
- An excellent in grasping of algorithmic concepts in computer science (e.g., sorting, data structures);
- Experienced in the development and release of enterprise scale applications;
- Experienced with version control.
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
We are looking for a person who will be part of our Business Intelligence & Analytics team, you will be in charge of the development distributed computing tasks using Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL and other distributed environment technologies based on our needs.