- Date Posted
- Sep. 13, 2021
- Data Science
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
We are looking for someone to join our Data Engineer Support team. Within the role, you will be in charge for supporting some of the Analysts’ daily tasks (mainly assisting on punctual issues or lack of performance), Development teams, and other stakeholders all over the world in an environment on top of several different technologies (Databricks, BigQuery, Looker, SQL, Excel macros,...), working over Data Products frameworks and contribute for internal processes improvements and revision.
What you’ll do
- You will work with a variety of technologies (BigQuery, Databricks, Python, Looker, SQL Server) to support analysts and stakeholders;
- You will work with developers to implement and support Data Products frameworks;
- You will support analysts on their daily tasks (review SQL queries, performance, ad-hoc support requests, tech guidance, etc...);
- You will work with the leadership team creating new processes and revising the existing ones;
- You will work with stakeholders all around the world.
Who you are
- You are a professional with a Computer Engineering background and support skills;
- You are a professional interested in learning new data technologies;
- You have experience in SQL;
- You have experience with CI/CD tools;
- You have experience with version control software (eg. Git);
- You have a troubleshooting mindset (impact analysis and prioritization);
- At ease with written and spoken English.
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.