- Delhi, IN
- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Data Science
Hello. We’re Stadium Goods. We are the world’s premier sneaker + streetwear marketplace selling only the most sought-after footwear, apparel and other hard-to-find items on behalf of our sellers. We are driven by our principles and committed to providing the best consumer and consignment experience there is. In January 2019 Stadium Goods became part of the Farfetch family of companies, which will help guide our evolution as we usher in the next chapter of scale and growth. Our fast-growing team is looking for a Senior Data Engineer based in our New York City headquarters.
Working on Data Engineering your role will be focused on creating access to critical data for a variety of teams, spread across the business and engineering groups. Stadium Goods is an international organisation with diverse data from across multiple platforms (including stores) and your work will directly help the organisation create value from that data. You will use a variety of techniques in this role ranging from data modeling, to report creation for broad consumption, to writing APIs for the engineering team to consume data in a structured way. You will join a team of data engineers who are building out the practice and you’ll have the freedom to explore new ways of thinking about these challenges and have the potential to make a significant impact on the way the business operates using data. As a senior member of the team you will be responsible for growing the team through hiring, mentorship, and setting a high bar of excellence.
What you’ll do
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build systems that allow for validation of our data product, ensuring accuracy of these data sets
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Python, DBT, BigQuery, Fargate, and other modern data tooling.
- Build analytics tools that utilise the data pipeline to provide actionable insights
Who you are
- 2-5 years experience working in Data Engineering
- A foundation in Computer Science, Engineering, Stats, or Math, through education and/or work
- Advanced SQL and Python skills
- Strong Python or R, and Tableau skills
- Experience with AWS or another cloud platform
- Linux/Unix experience preferred
- Prefer experience working in ecommerce and bonus if you have worked on international commerce
- Experience with Airflow, DBT, or similar tools for managing ETL pipelines
- Ability to make thoughtful trade-offs among a diverse set of teams and priorities, filling the gap between business requirements and engineering, and suggesting reasonable workarounds when necessary
- Bonus points if you have a passion for the sneaker and streetwear industry
Stadium Goods is committed to being an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is celebrated. We make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.