- Date Posted
- May. 17, 2021
- Data Science
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our global effort in Machine Learning applied to Marketing.
We want to automate Marketing operations, leveraging our understanding of the customers to improve the way we communicate with them across multiple channels. As the largest luxury fashion platform, our marketing effort spans billions of data points and millions of customers.
In particular, we are seeking to optimise our marketing mix, improving its reach and effectiveness and making sure that low-cost channels (e.g. emails, push notifications) are fully developed to deliver the maximum value to the business - whilst still using other channels (e.g. Retargeting, Paid Social) to reach other pools of customers.
We are a pragmatic team and pick whatever technique is appropriate for the task at hand (including but not limited to Deep Learning, Gradient Boosting, Graph Modelling, Recommender Systems, etc), keeping an eye to what is happening in academia and in the industry to stay on top of recent developments. We work in Python running on a Kubernetes cluster in Google Cloud.
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, willing to own complex projects from the business problem to production and ensure their delivery. If you are looking for an opportunity to work with large volumes of data and to provide a high impact to the business from day one, this is your place!
This role will require to work with remote teams - we are working on global initiatives having an impact across different countries.
What you’ll do
- Design and develop state of the art ML algorithms focusing in particular on customer behavioural models and models around pricing and supply, including the automation/optimisation aspect;
- Design and implement experimentation around PC initiatives to measure impact on business KPIs and retrieve data for model building;
- Collaborate with the engineering team to integrate ML algorithms into our backend or connect them to third-party tools;
- Communicate complex solutions in a clear and understandable way to both experts and non-experts.
Who you are
- You have a MSc or PhD in Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics or other quantitative discipline;
- You have relevant industry experience in a Machine Learning or Data Science role, ideally with exposure to Marketing or Loyalty problems;
- Experience in Python software development (ideally on production-grade code, including code reviews, agile development, version control etc) and familiar with ML/scientific packages (e.g. Pandas, numpy, scipy, scikit-learn, gensim, keras, TensorFlow, PyMC3, PyStan, nltk, spacy);
- You have experience in using state of the art ML techniques in a business setting, such as Bayesian modeling, neural networks, graph ML, reinforcement learning etc, or a keen interest to learn.
Through your application, we want to understand the skills and experiences you have that make you the perfect fit for this role and for FARFETCH. We’re passionate about creating the conditions for Farfetchers to grow and develop but we’re also looking for people who can hit the ground running, so make sure to apply for a position where you feel you can thrive.