- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Data Science
We’re a Data team that does it all: big data engineering, state-of-the-art machine learning, and deep dive analytics and insight. We’re a diverse, global team who create innovative Data solutions to provide an unrivalled customer experience. Whether it’s churning gigabytes of ecommerce data, using AI to recommend the latest trends, or understanding our customers better than anyone else, we eat, sleep and breathe data so that we can drive Farfetch’s growth.
We are looking for an Interim Lead Data Scientist to join FARFETCH and help build the next-generation intelligent platform for online luxury fashion.
You will join a team of Data Scientists, Engineers, and Product Managers to help build our data-driven products, through research and experimentation in Search & Discovery.
We are looking for someone who is autonomous, with relevant experience in successfully leading teams and supporting people’s development.
What you’ll do
- Apply advanced Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Information Retrieval (IR) techniques with a focus on search relevance to drive business decisions;
- Mentor and support the development of team members while keeping the focus on goals and deliverables;
- Work closely with the engineering team members to integrate machine learning algorithms into the platform;
- Help in the design of new features in search, and support innovation inside the company through the use of disruptive technologies;
- Scientific and technical publications are possible and encouraged.
Who you are
- You are an experienced Data Scientist who has worked within an E-commerce environment.
- You have significant and proven experience delivering and productionising data science solutions, preferably in a leadership role;
- You have a good understanding of ML basics, and working knowledge in NLP (word embeddings, named-entity recognition, information retrieval) and Search (Elasticsearch, Lucene, relevance matching);
- You are fluent in Python and passionate about ML technologies (NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-learn, Pandas, TensorFlow, PyTorch, MLflow);
- You have strong communication skills in English, both written and spoken;
- You are interested in keeping up to date with scientific advancements.
- Interim Lead Data Scientist experienced and able to work across our Search team for a 12 month period