- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Data Science
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
We are looking for a savvy Junior Machine Learning Engineer to design and build machine learning-based solutions in our next-generation intelligent platform for online luxury fashion.
Disclaimer: You should apply for a Data Scientist position if you’re looking for building, training, and evaluating machine learning models (e.g. NLP, CV, mathematical optimization, etc.).
You will be working in a very friendly environment and be part of a well-motivated, multicultural, talented and growing team, helping to build and optimize our data-driven products, through research and experimentation in a big data context.
If you love to learn and expand your competencies in a data-driven philosophy, if you are willing to share knowledge and would love to be part of the building process to reach the top, using the latest technology stack and having fun doing it, this is an opportunity you can’t miss.
What you’ll do
- Design model serving solutions and develop & deploy machine learning-based applications, services, and APIs so as to productionise machine learning models;
- Set and maintain engineering standards and practices while challenging the status quo in order to grow and go far;
- Partner with the Data Scientists (those who actually build, train and evaluate ML models) in order to deliver an end-to-end solution for machine learning-based projects;
- Foster the technological evolution of services and continuously improve their end-to-end quality attributes;
- Be fully committed to Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
Who you are
- BSc in Computer Science or a similar field, with a very solid Python programming experience. Scala is a plus;
- Familiarity with the engineering aspects of some of popular machine learning practices, libraries, and platforms (e.g. MLflow, Kubeflow, Mleap, Michelangelo, Feast, HopsWorks, MetaFlow, Zipline, Databricks, Spark, MLlib, PyTorch, TensorFlow, and Scikit-learn among others);
- Comfortable dealing with trade-offs project delivery and quality, especially those involving latency, throughput, and transactions;
- Experience Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment processes and platforms, software design patterns and APIs;
- A person that enjoys staying on top of all the best practices and tools of modern software engineering, while being a advocate of code quality and continuous improvement;
- Someone interested in large-scale systems and passionate about solving complex problems while being open and comfortable with changes in the tech stack the teams use;
- Not afraid of failing, because we challenge assumptions and push boundaries since we have a culture of experimentation and learning from our mistakes so that we improve!
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- We are looking for a savvy and Junior Machine Learning Engineer to Develop MACHINE LEARNING-BASED SOLUTIONS in our next-generation intelligent platform for online luxury fashion.