- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Data Science
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re a Data team that does it all: big data engineering, machine learning, and deep-dive analytics and insight. We’re a diverse, global team who create Data solutions to provide an unrivalled customer experience. Whether it’s churning gigabytes of ecommerce data, using AI to recommend the latest trends, or understanding our customers better than anyone else, we use data to promote FARFETCH’s growth.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
Reporting to the Data Science Manager, you will join Farfetch in building the next-generation intelligent platform for online luxury fashion, powered by large-scale data and Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Information Retrieval, and Natural Language Processing algorithms. You will join a team of Data Scientists, Engineers, and Product Designers to help build and increase our data-driven products, through research and experimentation in Search & Discovery.
What you’ll do
- Apply advanced machine learning and Natural Language Processing( NLP) techniques to improve decisions
- Mentor the team and help guide research and development, with senior novel intelligent approaches and solutions for the Search ecosystem;
- Help the business establish Data Science strategy and work on new ways to make the most of data;
- Work with the engineering team members to integrate machine learning (ML) algorithms into the platform;
- Help in the design of new features in the product, and inspire creativity inside the company through the use of inspiring technologies;
- Scientific and technical publications are possible and encouraged.
Who you are
- Have a MSc or PhD in related topics such as Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, Signal Processing, Speech Processing or Optimization;
- 5 years’ experience in a Data Science related role, in a leadership role;
- Experience with NLP and text mining techniques such as fuzzy string matching, spellcheck, word embeddings, advanced text encodings (ELMo, BERT), synonyms discovery, Named-Entity Recognition (NER),and Entity Linking (EL);
- Fluent in Python, common numerical and Math & ML packages
- (NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, pandas, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch);
- Knowledge on eCommerce Search or Semantic Search.
Rewards & benefits
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
As a Lead Data Scientist, you will help us build the next-generation intelligent platform for online luxury fashion, powered by large-scale data and Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Information Retrieval, and Natural Language Processing algorithms.