- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Data Science
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re a Data team that does it all: big data engineering, machine learning, and deep-dive analytics and insight. We’re a diverse, global team who create Data solutions to provide an unrivalled customer experience. Whether it’s churning gigabytes of ecommerce data, using AI to recommend the latest trends, or understanding our customers better than anyone else, we use data to promote FARFETCH’s growth.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our team: we manage the end-to-end delivery and maintenance of large-scale data products using the latest tools and processes. You will report to a Software Engineer Lead and you will work with Data Scientists, Analysts, and other technical teams, both here in London and across our other locations, shaping the technical direction of a critically important part of Farfetch.
Working with us, you will productionise and integrate data science solutions with the relevant internal business products or operational systems.
What you’ll do
- Work with the Data Scientists and Data Engineers to create production-quality Machine Learning pipelines and solutions with an emphasis on Performance, Scalability, Reliability and Maintainability
- Build components and libraries that will improve existing solutions and improve the delivery of new ones;
- Surface models and their outputs through the construction of ETLs, APIs and web interfaces.
Who you are
- Experience implementing end-to-end data products with Data Engineering and Machine Learning components - from the system design to construction, deployment, orchestration and monitoring;
- Experience writing production quality code in Python 3, including, for example, dependency management and testing frameworks;
- Exposure to data processing frameworks such as Dataflow and Spark/Databricks.
Rewards & benefits
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
Flexible working environment and more!
Equal opportunities statement
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
Work with Data Scientists, Analysts and other engineering teams within Data and the whole organisation to productionise and integrate data science solutions with the relevant internal business products or operational systems.