- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
- Data Science
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re a creative family, building copy, data and visual assets for each corner of the FARFETCH Ecommerce Platform. We are dedicated to providing gold standard imagery, content and production services for our partners and creating an engaging on-site experience for our customers.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
You will be part of the Product Catalogue Management (PCM) team and will report directly to the Head of the department. Our team maximizes catalogue availability, by reducing points of failure in the product creation process and working with tech to develop scalable solutions. This is a manager of managers, overseeing 2 main verticals: Product Creation and Product Duplicates. You will be focused on E2E operational processes of collection, mapping, creation, enrichment and duplicates elimination of the platform’s catalogue data, focusing on 3 main pillars: Performance management: you will ensure the team has the right processes and routines in place to ensure that all business objectives are achieved and that deviations to targets are detected and corrected; Automation: you will work closely with Catalogue Development to ensure that all business requirements are captured and are being addressed by product managers and tech teams; Team management: you will lead by example and develop a team of more than 20 people, ensuring that business objectives are obtained in a sustainable and collaborative manner.
What you’ll do
- Lead and develop a team of more than 20 people, with at least 2 team leads
- Review existing processes and routines, optimizing them to support double digit growth in catalogue volumes
- Explore and determine which projects the team should prioritise, setting a timeline to reach those goals quickly
- Ensure the right mechanisms are in place to track performance and achieve the team´s targets
- Proactively find areas for improvement, setting up a culture of excellence and innovation within your team
- Deep dive relentlessly to understand and eliminate the root cause of issues negatively impacting performance or partner experience
- Improve the balance between ensuring BAU performance and process improvement via automation
Who you are
- You have 6+ years experience, with at least 2 of those in a leadership position
- You have experience in process improvement, via automation or Kaizen methologies
- Comfortable in making decisions with uncertainty in a fast-moving environment
- You have a track record of achieving business targets and are able to work to deadlines
- You have an university degree, preferable in physical sciences, math’s, economics or engineering;
- You have demonstrated the ability to manage multiple cross-functional projects simultaneously, and are an experienced project manager, preferable on a consulting or tech company
- You are confident working at senior levels, with excellent engagement, verbal, and written communication skills both in Portuguese and English
- An understanding of online fashion and luxury is a bonus
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- You will be part of the Product Catalogue Management (PCM) and oversee 2 main teams: Product Creation and Product Duplicates.