- Date Posted
- May. 17, 2021
- Data Science
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Porto office is located in Portugal’s vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you’ll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break!
You’ll be part of Farfetch’s Engineering Team and the Principal Engineering guild, being a reference for other members of the engineering team and tackling our most complex engineering challenges.
What you’ll do
- Help data engineers solve complex problems in the realm of Data
- Be a part of the team that decides the long term technical roadmap for Farfetch Data platform
- Be the technical reference for data engineers when tackling complex problems or deciding on what is the best approach to solve problems centered around data
- Have an holistic vision about the technological stack, the development patterns and the set of tools that data engineers use
- Work closely with the architecture team, principal guild, infrastructure and security to assure data engineering is working towards the standards we set ourselves as a company;
- Engage with other engineering teams to assure the solutions the data engineering team provides are fulfilling their most complex requirements
- Engage with other engineering teams to assure the solutions they are providing to data are compliant with the data strategy defined
- Coach and up-skill other engineering team members in data engineering topics, acting as a reference for data engineering standard methodologies within Farfetch
- Define and document guidelines and best practices to be followed by data engineering.
Who you are
- A graduate in Information Systems or a related field;
- A professional with at least 10 years of demonstrable experience;
- Extensive experience in data modeling for traditional Data Warehousing and also in creating or adapting data models for NoSQL/Big Data solutions;
- Solid technical background building and maintaining data pipelines in a custom or commercial ETL tool (eg. SSIS, Talend, Informatica) (Airflow is a plus);
- A professional with background in working with cloud environments (eg. AWS, GCP, Azure);
- Expert in SQL;
- Proficient in one of the following programming languages: C#, Java, Python, Scala;
- Deep understanding with practical application in distributed computing processes (Spark);
- Experience with processing of large amounts of data (streaming or batch);
- 5+ years experience working with a BI reporting tool (eg. Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI, Looker);
- Solid experience with continuous delivery principles: version control, unit and automated tests;
- An excellent communicator in English, with the capability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization;
- Experience in the definition of long term strategy for data engineering - technical stack evolution, product enhancement and architectural guidelines;
- Capable of being the technical reference and evangelist for the use of technologies within the data domain;
- Track data technologies trends;
- Receive a set of business requirements and map them into technical requirements;
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Product/Software development, with deep understanding of all different phases;
- Experience with agile development methodologies applied to data engineering;
- Able to handle multiple tasks/priorities at a time, respond to work with urgency and understand deadlines;
- Attentive to detail, with an ability to assimilate, sort through and aggregate complex information quickly and effectively;
- Experienced in working in large scale organizations on a multinational level with a multicultural team is a plus;
Rewards & benefits
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
Equal opportunities statement
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
- Helping maintain and improve the BI architecture and tools.